Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Thanks for the clarification. I got the 2 back to back games mixed up. It was the 5-4 game that he got destroyed trying to cross the blue line with his head down. What makes you say he should have had a couple more goals? I thought his performance was rather lacking.
He had the two on one when the puck rolled on him and an amazing tie drag the shot just missed the corner. Has for last Sunday they probably missed him but Saginaw did shut down Tomasino in both games.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts fan - your goalie is unreal. Dude made so many good saves, both our goalies went up to him and gave him props after the game. You've got a keeper (literally and figuratively)

Reactions: Bra Wavers

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs played like I felt the last couple days crap has they get dropped by NorthBay 8 to 2 before 4,549 fans

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Lodnia got sent back. Huge for the dogs as that should net you some picks via trade if/when you move him

Ps, nobody tell @NOA that I also update threads that haven't previously talked about it on positive notes too

Last edited:
Reactions: fishfan51

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
No. You trade Lodnia. It’s a rebuilding year, trade the player that will fetch the most return. Lodnia will be one of the best OA’s in the league. Roberts isn’t the best OA on his team.

I'd be good with the Gens trading for Lodnia. He'll be a big time player this season for wherever he goes

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think the Petes would be a good fit too. I think the Dogs just had a couple draft picks fall in their lap.

There's probably 5-8 teams who would be a good fit. Lodnia will be one of the top OAs in the league

Would make sense for: Flint (upgrade on Phibbs), Oshawa (upgrade on Resnick/Walker), Owen Sound (open OA spot), Peterborough (open OA spot), Sault Ste. Marie (open OA spot)

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
trade Robert's now Lodnia at trade deadline
To trade someone, you need to have somebody want them. Who is going to give you anything for Roberts? Do you think the people who do this for a living don’t see the same thing you do? He’s playing like crap. Nobody is going to say “Hey, do you want some of our picks for your crap?”

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Sudbury could sure use Lodnia or Thomas. Upgrade on Carson with a right shooting forward that can find the back of the net. Take them both for Carson, Manikis, Gihula, Butler and 2 2nds, 2 3rds.

WJ

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sudbury could sure use Lodnia or Thomas. Upgrade on Carson with a right shooting forward that can find the back of the net. Take them both for Carson, Manikis, Gihula, Butler and 2 2nds, 2 3rds.

WJ

Don't think Sudbury is going to make Carson the captain and then get rid of him a couple weeks later.

Not to mention Niagara would have absolutely no interest in Carson or Bulitka or only 2 2nds for 2 elite players

Reactions: Uncle and the dog

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Co-captain! And why not?

WJ

Just seem like that would be 2 completely different messages from the organization.

Making him the captain=he's a huge part of the team this year, especially because this is a "win now" year for SBY, not a rebuild.

But then 2 weeks later he's not even on the team? Why was he the biggest part of your team 2 weeks ago then. I don't see it.

Plus if you're getting Lodnia+Thomas from SBY its going to cost you something like McCallum+4 2nds+3 3rds at least

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Just seem like that would be 2 completely different messages from the organization.

Making him the captain=he's a huge part of the team this year, especially because this is a "win now" year for SBY, not a rebuild.

But then 2 weeks later he's not even on the team? Why was he the biggest part of your team 2 weeks ago then. I don't see it.

Plus if you're getting Lodnia+Thomas from SBY its going to cost you something like McCallum+4 2nds+3 3rds at least
Lets go back last year when your team Oshawa sends Studnicka and Brassard to Niagara. Then they turn around and pick up Saigon, Mattinen and Neuman was Studnicka not a leader?. What kind of message was that? So really don't give me the Carson being a leader stuff when other teams look to improve and make moves based on strengthening the line up for a run.

Papineau has limited picks at his disposal he will need to be creative with how he makes moves. In your case Oshawa has a great line up now. If they add to it they will need to give up picks which they don't have alot of since they played yo-yo last year at the deadline. And what will they do next season when they bid for a Memorial Cup? They won't be as competitive next season as they are this season. But to be competitive next season they need to trade some vets and get back a talented rookie or sophomore and picks. Anyway your rational on Carson don't hold any weight.

WJ

-Also if it takes McCallum and picks to get Lodnia and Thomas then Sudbury does it. Can't sit and fall in love with players and be scared to pull the trigger. Its this year for Sudbury and full rebuild next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7D442

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lets go back last year when your team Oshawa sends Studnicka and Brassard to Niagara. Then they turn around and pick up Saigon, Mattinen and Neuman was Studnicka not a leader?. What kind of message was that? So really don't give me the Carson being a leader stuff when other teams look to improve and make moves based on strengthening the line up for a run.

Papineau has limited picks at his disposal he will need to be creative with how he makes moves. In your case Oshawa has a great line up now. If they add to it they will need to give up picks which they don't have alot of since they played yo-yo last year at the deadline. And what will they do next season when they bid for a Memorial Cup? They won't be as competitive next season as they are this season. But to be competitive next season they need to trade some vets and get back a talented rookie or sophomore and picks. Anyway your rational on Carson don't hold any weight.

WJ

First of all, the Gens didn't name Studnicka captain and then trade him 2 weeks later, He was captain for the entire season before that. Also, that wasn't a "win now" year for the Gens lol. They were rebuilding for this year and next, but realized that they could cheaply add and win a playoff round in a rebuilding year (they actually went on to win 2 rounds) but that's wildly different than naming a captain in a "win now" season and then moving him a week later. Like how Niagara made Akil Thomas their captain but then will trade him this year because they're in a rebuild.

You can say my rationale makes no sense, but we'll see who's right lol. Carson isn't getting moved. And when he's not moved, I will accept your apology

Also, you lose all credibility when you say things like:
If they add to it they will need to give up picks which they don't have alot of since they played yo-yo last year at the deadline.

They
literally have more 2nd round picks than anyone in the entire league lol. I know it's the hfboards and anonymity is reassuring, but you still should try to at least know what the facts are before just spewing complete inaccuracies.

Anyways
, you're clearly not even bothering to make sure what you're saying is even a little bit true, so that's all you'll get out of me. Have a good one.

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
First of all, the Gens didn't name Studnicka captain and then trade him 2 weeks later, He was captain for the entire season before that. Also, that wasn't a "win now" year for the Gens lol. They realized that they could cheaply add and win a playoff round in a rebuilding year (they actually went on to win 2 rounds) but that's wildly different than naming a captain in a "win now" season and then moving him a week later. Like how Niagara made Akil Thomas their captain but then will trade him this year because they're in a rebuild.

You can say my rationale makes no sense, but we'll see who's right lol. Carson isn't getting moved. And when he's not moved, I will accept your apology

Well it was dumb of Oshawa to not sell last year and retain the picks and play out the year young. They would have been in a better spot this year and next year. And it doesn't matter your leader being a captain for 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years you do what you need to do. Last season the Wolves had no Captain. So there won't be a revolt in the Sudbury dressing room if the Wolves decided to improve the overage spot and move Carson. If that the opportunity presented itself. In the past two seasons, Sudbury dealt Pezzetta, O'Grady, Sokolov, Culina as vet guys and nobody shed a tear. It was the smart thing to do. Byfield isn't in Sudbury if Sokolov wasn't moved. They were all leaders Captain or not. I won't be eating crow one way or another. Maybe we just make a pitch for Thomas. Anyway one thing is certain Oshawa and Sudbury both don't have the abundance of draft picks to make some deals. So the Petes and Ottawa may trump us when it comes to making a big splash.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
First of all, the Gens didn't name Studnicka captain and then trade him 2 weeks later, He was captain for the entire season before that. Also, that wasn't a "win now" year for the Gens lol. They were rebuilding for this year and next, but realized that they could cheaply add and win a playoff round in a rebuilding year (they actually went on to win 2 rounds) but that's wildly different than naming a captain in a "win now" season and then moving him a week later. Like how Niagara made Akil Thomas their captain but then will trade him this year because they're in a rebuild.

Also, you lose all credibility when you say things like:

They
literally have more 2nd round picks than anyone in the entire league lol. I know it's the hfboards and anonymity is reassuring, but you still should try to at least know what the facts are before just spewing complete inaccuracies.

Anyways
, you're clearly not even bothering to make sure what you're saying is even a little bit true, so that's all you'll get out of me. Have a good one.
Easy cowboy!

WJ

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Lodnia is a trader ..one thing is for sure we won him a championship - not vice versa

Wait till he hand picks an option of 1 or 2 teams that he will only go to and you shall receive APROX a 5 th round pick like we did .. send him to Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad