Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
IceDogs lost a tough overtime game 3 to 2 in Londondon before 9,013 fans sounded like Kooy stoled the win.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Jones with the hat rick and Tomminisino two goals three assists paced the IceDogs with an impressive 6 to 2 win over Oshawa before 5,071 fans next up a visit to Ottawa December 28.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Jones with the hat rick and Tomminisino two goals three assists paced the IceDogs with an impressive 6 to 2 win over Oshawa before 5,071 fans next up a visit to Ottawa December 28.

That's extremely generous.....

A 5-2 game before the empty netter against a Gens team without their goalie (a top 3 goalie in the OHL), their captain (will be on team Canada) top Dman and another top 3 F. And the Gens outshot them...

I do think when both lineups are complete, Niagara is still better than the Gens, but calling that game impressive for Niagara is a bit much lol

three dog night

May 3, 2014

A 5-2 game before the empty netter against a Gens team without their goalie (a top 3 goalie in the OHL), their captain (will be on team Canada) top Dman and another top 3 F. And the Gens outshot them...

I do think when both lineups are complete, Niagara is still better than the Gens, but calling that game impressive for Niagara is a bit much lol
It was impressive we lost Lodnia in the first and did not have Moore and three players at the Worlds only reason it was close was because of Hughes plus it was three games in three nights .

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It was impressive we lost Lodnia in the first and did not have Moore and three players at the Worlds only reason it was close was because of Hughes plus it was three games in three nights .

you seem to play the "we ran into a hot goalie" card a lot. Hughes made 1 nice save tonight. It was close was because Niagara (other than Tomasino and Jones) didn't really do anything special tonight and couldn't put away a badly undermanned Gens team.... For a team as good as Niagara is, I wouldn't deem that impressive

three dog night

May 3, 2014
you seem to play the "we ran into a hot goalie" card a lot. Hughes made 1 nice save tonight. It was close was because Niagara (other than Tomasino) didn't really do anything special tonight and couldn't put away a badly undermanned Gens team....
Oh my did you watch the game

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

Fair enough but I watched it and I’d say it was a pretty sloppy game.Way too many penalties. For my part there was nothing wrong with the way Hughes played. Actually kept it close for awhile. Have to agree with three dog. The Dogs were just as short as the Gens and lost Lodnia early (great player) so if the Dogs were not impressive I’d say it’s fair to say the Gennies looked rather unimpressive. One of the save Hughes made was really something. Maybe give him a chance.

Last edited:

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
you seem to play the "we ran into a hot goalie" card a lot.
The road to the Bobby Orr Trophy goes thru three very good goaltenders. All of whom are currently not playing for their OHL teams at the moment.
The NID’s will need to beat two out of the three.

That is all.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Any injury report to #9’s right knee?
#37’s warmup injury?
#12’s lower body
And
More importantly, I heard Bones 911 fell over the tea kettle.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The Ice Dogs website provides email addresses for coaches, management, etc. Does anyone know how responsive they are?
And, can someone tell me the names of the journalists who cover the Ice Dogs in St. Catharines?
I have some information that I think would interest them considerably.
Thanks.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
The Ice Dogs website provides email addresses for coaches, management, etc. Does anyone know how responsive they are?
And, can someone tell me the names of the journalists who cover the Ice Dogs in St. Catharines?
I have some information that I think would interest them considerably.
Thanks.
PM me

Reactions: nelli27

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
you seem to play the "we ran into a hot goalie" card a lot. Hughes made 1 nice save tonight. It was close was because Niagara (other than Tomasino and Jones) didn't really do anything special tonight and couldn't put away a badly undermanned Gens team.... For a team as good as Niagara is, I wouldn't deem that impressive

You keep referring to the missing Gens while ignoring the Dogs were miss 5 of their regulars. While I think Keyser May have made a couple more saves, I also think having Lodnia, Robertson and Sopa up front may have produced even more scoring.

IMO, the Dogs are much faster (at least they were last night). Their forwards blew past the Gens defence at will. Especially Tomasino who was able to do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted because the Gens couldn’t catch him.

In the end, both teams were missing key players. The game wasn’t very close at all as Niagara carried the play most of the night. The most impressive thing to me was that it was their 3rd in three and still had good jump all night.

The Dog Father

Dec 11, 2018
With the Ice Dogs only having 3 2nds & 6 3rds left to trade, I wonder if 1st Rd Rookie Lleyton Moore gets dealt at the trade deadline. They could add a top 4 OA D-man with 2 or 3 2nds + 3rds. Add a tough ( enforcer type) bottom 6 forward with 3rd or 4th Rd picks and then trade Moore + remaining 2nd Rd and 3rds for a high end 19yr old forward......I was against the Dogs buying this year but now that they are committed to going all in then they need to push all the chips in to have a chance.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
With the Ice Dogs only having 3 2nds & 6 3rds left to trade, I wonder if 1st Rd Rookie Lleyton Moore gets dealt at the trade deadline. They could add a top 4 OA D-man with 2 or 3 2nds + 3rds. Add a tough ( enforcer type) bottom 6 forward with 3rd or 4th Rd picks and then trade Moore + remaining 2nd Rd and 3rds for a high end 19yr old forward......I was against the Dogs buying this year but now that they are committed to going all in then they need to push all the chips in to have a chance.
Ya go big or don’t go at all.

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad