Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Are we all that naive to think that only 2 outta 20 teams are doing this? Every team is doing this to some degree! You are only guilty if you are caught.

Here is what I believe, I do not believe the OHL Office has the resources to review each team’s dealings when it comes to recruitment practices. I do believe that in Windsor, Niagara (and possibly another team?) cases an individual reported to the OHL Offices a recruiting violation. Once it has been made aware of an alleged violation the OHL Office has to investigate at which point a decision is made on guilt. I personally do not believe everyone cheats in this way as sadly some of the OHL Teams operate on such a fine line financially they can’t offer special deals. The two Teams mentioned above financially are successful clubs and could afford to make side deals in order to try and secure a Memorial Cup winning Team.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Here is what I believe, I do not believe the OHL Office has the resources to review each team’s dealings when it comes to recruitment practices. I do believe that in Windsor, Niagara (and possibly another team?) cases an individual reported to the OHL Offices a recruiting violation. Once it has been made aware of an alleged violation the OHL Office has to investigate at which point a decision is made on guilt. I personally do not believe everyone cheats in this way as sadly some of the OHL Teams operate on such a fine line financially they can’t offer special deals. The two Teams mentioned above financially are successful clubs and could afford to make side deals in order to try and secure a Memorial Cup winning Team.
Right but yet the Burkes were crying poverty...so obviously you don’t buy that.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Are we all that naive to think that only 2 outta 20 teams are doing this? Every team is doing this to some degree! You are only guilty if you are caught.
The common thread, in Windsor and Niagara, was the players in question complained to the league about NOT getting paid.

If others are getting paid, and not tipping off the league, no investigation necessary. End of the story.

So if you are going to breach rules and pay players, make sure the cheque clears the bank every month . Haha

Reactions: Finster8

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Niagara blanks North Bay 2 to 0 to draw first blood before a packed house of 5,300 at the Meridian Centre game two Saturday night in St. Catharines.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Little adversity never hurts anyone. Still heavy favourites but a hot goalie can be trouble. A few years back London almost took out a far better Erie team strictly on the shoulders of Parsons our goalie.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Ice Dogs nip North Bay 5 to 3 in a chippy affair to take a three one series lead . Hope Phillips is okay next game tomorrow night in Niagara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad