Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Weather sounds nasty tomorrow wondering if the Dogs leave after tonight game to Owen Sound.

Being that OS and St. Catherine's isn't that far I can't see the Ice Dogs stay in OS unless the weather causes them to turn around and come back.

Wonder if any Ice Dogs posters will be making the trip to the Sound for tomorrow's afternoon tilt?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Being that OS and St. Catherine's isn't that far I can't see the Ice Dogs stay in OS unless the weather causes them to turn around and come back.

Wonder if any Ice Dogs posters will be making the trip to the Sound for tomorrow's afternoon tilt?
Might be the odd one

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
It looked like they were getting ready to load the bus when I was leaving after the game tonight. I suspect they were heading to the Sound tonight.

The wife and I were going to make the trip up, and stay with friends in Chatsworth tomorrow night but with the weather forecast, we’ve decided to stay near home.

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs roll over the Petes 5 too 0 Dhillion 90 victory a new record. Lodnia back in the line up scored two goals in the victory before a sellout plus crowd of 5,453

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Saw the Icedogs won 9 to 0 in Owen Sound did not expect that score now off till Friday when they travel to North Bay.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I like the make up of the Ice Dogs team as I mentioned much more then the team London knocked out a couple of years ago 4 straight. That team relied heavily on "Ho Sang" and his multiple personality disorder? However do you think if it's yourself vs Ottawa that you have enough. Goaltending and coaching perhaps make me scratch my head a bit with the Ice Doggies?

Lol even coming off back to back shutouts?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I like the make up of the Ice Dogs team as I mentioned much more then the team London knocked out a couple of years ago 4 straight. That team relied heavily on "Ho Sang" and his multiple personality disorder? However do you think if it's yourself vs Ottawa that you have enough. Goaltending and coaching perhaps make me scratch my head a bit with the Ice Doggies?

Lol even coming off back to back shutouts?
It will be interesting DiPietro never won a playoff round if we remain healthy lot of fire power to stop.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
When does the OHL hold it's appeal for the Dogs? and are the Dogs likely to appeal or admit fault and move on?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Only seen DiPierro play us here in Niagara when he was with Windsor did not really impress me but everyone is entitled to their opinion I think Ottawa would go with Andree

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Only seen DiPierro play us here in Niagara when he was with Windsor did not really impress me but everyone is entitled to their opinion I think Ottawa would go with Andree

You think Ottawa traded 4 2nds for DiPietro, who's gone next year, to go with Andree in the playoffs? You can't possibly

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Common sense says Ottawa goes with the hot hand come playoff time. Should Dipietro get back to how he played in the world juniors he will get the majority of playing time. Otherwise I don't think management will give up a chance to win regardless of what they paid to acquire Dipietro.

Right now I would say Andree would be starting based on performance. Something has got to be bothering Dipietro at the present time and hopefully he can get it straightened out.

Still a pretty good #1 and #2 to go on a playoff run.

Last edited:

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Well, past experience tells me that when a goalie feels responsible for a devastating loss at the World Juniors his psyche and confidence can be eroded in a hurry. Case in point, Mark Visentin's performance in big games after his disappointing performance at the Buffalo World Juniors in the third period on January 6th, 2011.

He played well during the regular season but couldn't rise to the occasion in big games. DiPietro looked shocked when the Finns scored the game tying goal and has not played well since.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
IceDog three game weekend begins tonight in North Bay then Barrie back home Sunday afternoon for Sarnia.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs shade North Bay 6 to 4 Tominssino the game winning goal Robertson two assists for his 300 and301 points in his junior career next up a trip to Barrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad