Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What was the reason for Maksimov not playing in round 1?

Interesting that NIA was down to 3.2 PIM per game without him in round 1 (even in a very rough NB series) and yet they were over 4.1 PIM per game in the regular season with Maksimov

Reactions: three dog night

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
What was the reason for Maksimov not playing in round 1?

Interesting that NIA was down to 3.2 PIM per game without him in round 1 (even in a very rough NB series) and yet they were over 4.1 PIM per game in the regular season with Maksimov
Undisclosed officially, but partially torn meniscus was the word around the rink.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs take game one in an hard hitting affair 3 to 2 in overtime on Robertson winning goal before a packed house of 5,300 . Next game Sunday afternoon at two.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs beat Oshawa 5 to 1 this afternoon before 5,450 fans at the Meridian Centre. Next game Tuesday night in Oshawa.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Oshawa with three unanswered goals in the third beat the Icedogs 4 to 1 to cut the series lead to two to one the only disappointment was the crowd 3 ,680

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Oshawa with three unanswered goals in the third beat the Icedogs 4 to 1 to cut the series lead to two to one the only disappointment was the crowd 3 ,680
In a city where about 20,000 people are expected to be unemployed soon Junior Hockey is not at the top of their minds. Please stop with your attendance narrative.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
In a city where about 20,000 people are expected to be unemployed soon Junior Hockey is not at the top of their minds. Please stop with your attendance narrative.
Stupid excuse evenan Oshawa fan was disappointed with the crowd.

billybean

Feb 14, 2015
Oshawa
Of course we are disappointed with the crowd but put into consideration attendance drops league wide in the first couple rounds of the playoffs and a mid week game never helps. Yes kudos to Niagara for selling out I believe every playoff game this year but don’t take your loss this way and go out of your way to down talk Oshawas Attendance because I can pull up the season average around the league if you like lol

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Of course we are disappointed with the crowd but put into consideration attendance drops league wide in the first couple rounds of the playoffs and a mid week game never helps. Yes kudos to Niagara for selling out I believe every playoff game this year but don’t take your loss this way and go out of your way to down talk Oshawas Attendance because I can pull up the season average around the league if you like lol
I know Oshawa drew well in regular season

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I'm going to guess that you have never owned a business that had an uncertain future nor had a family faced with a pending job loss
Yes in the past worked for a company that went bankrupt Oshawa actually drew a bit better in round one thought the numbers would go up in round two.

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
And you still bought Ice Dogs tickets even though you were unemployed?
Who said I was unemployed if you look at economic Niagara is somewhat worse than any region in the province per captia income and still draw well.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
So you were unemployed... and given that the team wasn't in town yet it's really not the same thing now is it.
Also been laid off at times during the years the Icedogs have been here now work at an apartment building and on call basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad