Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
So you were unemployed... and given that the team wasn't in town yet it's really not the same thing now is it.

Umm, so... hockey. Anyone here want to talk about hockey?

Predictions for Thursday? I think Niagara comes back with a vengeance and leaves with a resounding win in game 4.

Reactions: Finster8

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Sorry.. I thought this was the attendance thread. Nobody's been here to talk hockey in almost a week

There may be other outlets for Niagara IceDogs discussions. But yeah, now that you know this isn't the attendance thread, does that mean you'll be going back to the London thread?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
There may be other outlets for Niagara IceDogs discussions. But yeah, now that you know this isn't the attendance thread, does that mean you'll be going back to the London thread?

The topic was regarding the Niagara/Oshawa game until Three Dog Night decided to post his resume

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Actually, it was about hockey (and attendance - yes for some reason that I don't know or understand TDN loves to talk about attendance) until you made it about unemployment and sociology in post 260 (link below) and then kept baiting him about his history etc.

Yes, we get it you are smarter, its like going against a one-legged man in a arse-kicking contest. But then to complain about a situation that you created and exacerbated is sardonic.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Actually, it was about hockey (and attendance - yes for some reason that I don't know or understand TDN loves to talk about attendance) until you made it about unemployment and sociology in post 260 (link below) and then kept baiting him about his history etc.

Yes, we get it you are smarter, its like going against a one-legged man in a arse-kicking contest. But then to complain about a situation that you created and exacerbated is sardonic.

We could discuss the sanctions if you would like... but I'm sure it will evolve into another attendance discussion

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tell you what... you refrain from posting anything about attendance on HFBOARDS going forward and I vow to never post on the IceDogs forum unless my name is mentioned.... deal?
Why do crowd size bothers you from another city I just thought the crowd was small for a playoff game.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
In a city where about 20,000 people are expected to be unemployed soon Junior Hockey is not at the top of their minds. Please stop with your attendance narrative.

Not so long ago, GM was also the largest employer in St. Catharines. In the heyday, there were 3 GM plants employing thousands of workers here, not to mention the Ford plant in Niagara Falls. Now the Ford plant and 2 of the GM plants are gone. Not sure how many are still employed at the 1 remaining GM plant in St. Catharines. We are well aware of the impact of massive job losses. I wish The City of Oshawa all the best and hope its economic recovery is speedy. With the support of the union and various layers of government, maybe they will be fortunate and land an alternative. The Niagara region wasn’t that fortunate. I guess we weren’t close enough to the GTA to warrant government support.

Reactions: three dog night

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Tell you what... you refrain from posting anything about attendance on HFBOARDS going forward and I vow to never post on the IceDogs forum unless my name is mentioned.... deal?

What do suppose the reaction would be on the London thread if I continually baited your weakest link? Do you suppose someone might suggest I return to beneath my bridge and await the arrival of some gruff billy goats?

Ignore him and move on, be a grown up perhaps? Put your superior intellect to a productive purpose. Please?

Reactions: Living Vicariously

bladesausteel2941

Apr 12, 2019
I know Dhillon has games where he's lights out. And this will be an unpopular opinion. But, TO ME, he's not even CLOSE to DiPietro's talent level and ability. 7 goals on less then 30 shots? That won't cut it at this level, not even close. He had let in three goals by 12 shots against. Even if your D isn't boxing out, playing the man, you still need to make the saves. The Dawgs can score at will, yes, but I have long thought Dhillon is over-rated. It's about consistency and after this many years in the O, if he still hasn't found it for long periods of time, which is what you need in the playoffs after all, no way we make it to the Mem Cup this year. Or beat Ottawa in the East.

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->