Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Sounds like it should have been.
Perhaps if Neumann had gone off the ice quietly the Zebra factory would have been left with some doubt as to the extent (or lack thereof) of his injury. His boxing match moments later suggested he was playing possum.

The secondary angle on Robertson's hit showed a clearer cross check and that it was a dangerous hit. The primary angle on TV left doubt if Neumann tried to get under a check and lost an edge.

Lesson to victims of "vicious penalties" remember to stay in character and say nothing until you are down the tunnel. Oshawa could have kept him out of sight for another 149 seconds and forced the OHL to up the ante on Robertson's suspension.

Last edited:

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Yes could have been worse.

I am not a fan of either team so I come in peace. I think Niagara is very lucky to see Robertson get one game and Brassard get none. With the game essentially over at that point there is no reason for the Robertson hit other than frustration and dirtiness. I know it is the playoffs but I would have thought he would be sitting somewhere in the 2-4 game range.

As far as Brassard goes, did he come off the bench? I know the Generals announcers said he did but the video does not show it. If that is the case then punching Neumann and the trainer accidentally I have no idea how that is not a suspension.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
I am not a fan of either team so I come in peace. I think Niagara is very lucky to see Robertson get one game and Brassard get none. With the game essentially over at that point there is no reason for the Robertson hit other than frustration and dirtiness. I know it is the playoffs but I would have thought he would be sitting somewhere in the 2-4 game range.

As far as Brassard goes, did he come off the bench? I know the Generals announcers said he did but the video does not show it. If that is the case then punching Neumann and the trainer accidentally I have no idea how that is not a suspension.

Robertson isn't known as a dirty player, just highly skill and caught Neumann at a bad time/location where any check to the numbers can knock someone down and into the boards. Heat of the moment and no lasting effect on the other player (he was well enough to fight in the next few moments).

As for Brassard, it was an idiotic move that no one can sanction. It did however reveal that Neumann was a better fighter than actor.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Robertson isn't known as a dirty player, just highly skill and caught Neumann at a bad time/location where any check to the numbers can knock someone down and into the boards. Heat of the moment and no lasting effect on the other player (he was well enough to fight in the next few moments).

As for Brassard, it was an idiotic move that no one can sanction. It did however reveal that Neumann was a better fighter than actor.
Really :huh:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
It’s Neumann’s fault??? I was at the game brassard was the one skated over and started mouthing off to neumann and threw the first swing. I don’t know what neumann said but brassard wasn’t innocently skating by. He went right over to neumann and generals trainer.

I agree Robertson had no intent and doesn’t play dirty but that’s the going rate. Noel doesn’t play dirty and had game one suspension for accidental knee in Petes series.

Reactions: Otto

dogs77

May 2, 2015
I was at the game as well i didnt even see what happened with Brassard and Neuman as i was watching the bigger scrum... i do think. There was any kind of malicious intent from Robertson and just like Noel i agree with this suspension... this is 2 high calibre teams playing and im hoping that in this best of 3 series we actually get to see the real talented hockey available instead of the theatrics that wr have seen so far

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I don’t know what to think of this series.

Niagara dominated the first two games so much I’m not sure if the Zamboni needed to flood niagara’s end at all. Two completely different games in oshawa.

After watching the first two games in niagara I said that niagara was the best team in the league.

The constant thru the series has been Keyser. This series would have been over tonight if the generals didn’t have Keyser.

Tonight is huge. It will be real tough for either team to win back to back game 6,7 on Monday and Tuesday night.

Reactions: knowescape

three dog night

May 3, 2014

Nope Brassard was on the ice

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Oshawa slipped by Niagara 3 to 1 tonight to take a three two series lead with the next game Monday night in Oshawa.
What do you think Three Dog do you enough fire power left in you to comeback? One win and then you have home ice back it's actually not that steep of a hill?

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I don't like our chances in Oshawa. Oshawa may not be as highly skilled as Niagara but they are a faster team and have the better goalie. Dhillon will have to stand on his head for this to get back to St. Catharines.

Reactions: bladesausteel2941

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I don't like our chances in Oshawa. Oshawa may not be as highly skilled as Niagara but they are a faster team and have the better goalie. Dhillon will have to stand on his head for this to get back to St. Catharines.
Oshawa is playing much bigger then I thought they would that is for sure? Good Luck kinda like our Knights I guess we both need a little to go our way!

Thanks for taking my post the way it was intended. Not a jab or anything else simply a question on what fans are thinking!

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
I don't think they're faster at all. I think Niagara is much faster at forward but Oshawa has much better skating defencemen. The difference in the series is between the pipes. End of story. If the teams traded goalies the series would already be over in Niagara's favour. You know what you're getting with Dhillon, he's going to let in a softie or cough up the puck or take a dumb penalty. The question is, can the Dogs score enough on Keyser to make up for Dhillon?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Sometimes you gamble to go all in sometimes it works sometimes not wonder what would have happened if we were healthy from the beginning of the postseason. In most games the team played well Keyser was the difference plus a lack of discipline.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Sometimes you gamble to go all in sometimes it works sometimes not wonder what would have happened if we were healthy from the beginning of the postseason. In most games the team played well Keyser was the difference plus a lack of discipline.

I mean, you were 6-2 without Akil Thomas (2-1 this series without him). And with Maksimov (still went 2-2 without him) you would've been better off if he just never played. He's easily the most selfish player in the whole league. 2 more really bad penalties from him tonight and the Gens scored on the one, leading to this all-time tweet from @IceDogsThisWeek

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Cheaters never prosper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->