NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by EastonBlues22, Dec 1, 2018.

1. starkravingsabres Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    NHL.tv on Roku failing with "Unable to connect with the NHL service. Please try again later.". Portland OR area. Internet is up.

Anyone else?

EDIT: can't reach nhl.com. Wtf?

2. Caper Bruins fan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I have found a solution. When a video is not archived on the Roku ( let’s say a game is in progress or just ended ) if you turn the game on you need to let the video play for 30 seconds or so to give the app time to update or recognize the settings . After ten seconds or so the scoreboard will revert to the way it should be ( hidden ) and everything is fine . As mentioned if you turn the video on and immediately do something ( fast forward for example) you will see the current score or final . Thanks for trying to help !

Mach2 likes this.
  3. Ceremony ______________

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    The Avalanche/Blues game is currently blacked out in the UK despite it not being shown on any channels here until 4AM tomorrow morning

Good stuff, this

4. Mach2 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Turns out that my suggestion about the Roku had nothing to do with solving the problem you described. Yesterday, I experienced the white scoreboard that you have been seeing. So, your suggestion now solves the same problem for me. Return thanks to you - too funny!

Caper Bruins fan likes this.
  5. LuckyDay Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I fixed this by restarting my TV.

6. LuckyDay Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Once again the NHL app on Roku gave away the score when I fast forwarded my game after starting from the beginning. I have scores set to off just because of this sort of thing. Some doughhead thinks we want to know the scores in a tapedelayed game and is proud of himself he added a feature to an app.

I need send the NHL an email.

Edit: Just got off a Chat with <Name Hidden> at NHL.TV. He says there might be an option to turn it off by hitting * and under Milestones.

He also warned they don't officially support the TV app, only the external Roku device (and fire stick, etc.). Contacting Roku, if that doesn't work, would possibly/probably get a redirect from Roku back to NHL.TV since Roku doesn't make the app. Basically a Catch-22. I appreciated the honesty.

He also asked me to confirm it was the App and not the TV's Browser. I wasn't aware of one for Roku but I will look for one. That's likely to get me logged into the webpage version if they have one. Otherwise I can use my laptop. That helped me watch a game in Canada I didn't have access to on the Canadian version.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  7. swimmer77 No 2nd guess, grind!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    laps
    Is anybody else having trouble with Montreal/Toronto. Just says it's loading. The other game loads although I can't watch because it's blacked out.

8. billy piton Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    same here.

a horrible, horrible service.

9. billy piton Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    it's working now.

10. StaalsXpensiveCTDigs Available for trade! Call Gorton now!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Any chance the playoff games aired on NBC will magically appear on the app?

11. Mach2 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    FWIW: I have a monthly subscription to NHL.TV. As this season is coming to an end on NHL.TV, I took a look at my subscription account details, and it says that for the 2021-2022 season my subscription will be automatically renewed for the FULL SEASON at the then current price. It does give an option to cancel my current monthly subscription (which will avoid the auto renew for the full season - probably in October 2021).

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  12. miked1991 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Does anyone else get an error when watching delayed where the video flashes to a black screen and back a couple of times fast and then just goes dead? It's happening more and more for me, probably couple of times a game now. And the only fix is to refresh the game and skip to just after the point where it dropped out... which gives away whether or not the game will go to OT by the length of the bar.

13. wolfgaze Interesting Cat

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I've been getting all of them (with my NHL.tv subscription)... Even checked todays Caps/Bruins game and that one loaded up for me, same day... Not sure what's going on but I'll certainly take it! Last year I had to wait 48 hours for the playoff games to become available for viewing...

14. SJSharksfan39 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I wonder how NHL.TV is going to change next year being on ESPN +. There really hasn't been much talk about NHL.TV moving over to ESPN+ and if the blackout restrictions might change. I know it's really all about what the RSNs say, but it does suck if you have been watching a team on NHL.TV all season long you have to get the NBC feed for the playoffs instead of the home announcers. Kind of wish I could listen to Goldstien and Moller on Sunday for the Panthers game, for example.