NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I called my provider about a rebate on last year yesterday, put me on hold for 5 minutes, and came back and said, I or someone else will call you back in a couple of hours. When the phone rang I was surprised, oh they actually called.
Damn it was a voice recording asking me to take a survey on their service, I hung up.
Still waiting for call today.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I got this same email. Clicked on the 'To cancel online simply click here' link. Says I don't have a subscription. Well I do, but even then, if you think I don't why would you send me the email? I swear the NHL is so bush league when it comes to online and customer service.

I had the same issue so I approached it in two ways. First, I e-mailed the support e-mail address they give you and requested that my auto-renew be cancelled. That created a support ticket. After about three days nothing had happened with the support ticket so I did a live chat and requested a cancellation. The live chat guy asked me why I was cancelling and I said I'm not paying full price for a shortened season. He told me the price was going to be "pro-rated" and would be announced at least one week before the start of the season. I said OK, screw it, I'll just keep the subscription and see what the price ends up being. Two days later I got an e-mail update on the original support ticket saying my auto-renew had successfully been cancelled. :laugh:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I called my provider about a rebate on last year yesterday, put me on hold for 5 minutes, and came back and said, I or someone else will call you back in a couple of hours. When the phone rang I was surprised, oh they actually called.
Damn it was a voice recording asking me to take a survey on their service, I hung up.
Still waiting for call today.

well called them back today and asked again for rebate on last year, they didn't want to give credit because NHL never provided them with credits it turns out, I guess they were just hoping people wouldn't complain.

Customer service agent got manager to approve a 20% credit for last years games as a goodwill gesture, as I've had CI since inception.

Reactions: tenken00

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
well called them back today and asked again for rebate on last year, they didn't want to give credit because NHL never provided them with credits it turns out, I guess they were just hoping people wouldn't complain.

Customer service agent got manager to approve a 20% credit for last years games as a goodwill gesture, as I've had CI since inception.
I used to have Center Ice, but had to switch to NHLTV.com (Center Ice wasn't available here). I got an email saying they'll send more info about the renewal and cost about a week before the season starts. Haven't seen anything else. I'm on auto renewal and decided to keep that arrangement. Would be nice if they let us know what the price will be. I guess I was too lazy to chase them for a refund for last year's shortened season. I'm surprised you got 20% (that's pretty good) - your persistence has paid dividends. Its hard to find phone #s to phone these guys even it seems.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I used to have Center Ice, but had to switch to NHLTV.com (Center Ice wasn't available here). I got an email saying they'll send more info about the renewal and cost about a week before the season starts. Haven't seen anything else. I'm on auto renewal and decided to keep that arrangement. Would be nice if they let us know what the price will be. I guess I was too lazy to chase them for a refund for last year's shortened season. I'm surprised you got 20% (that's pretty good) - your persistence has paid dividends. Its hard to find phone #s to phone these guys even it seems.

I went through my TV provider, harder I assume if streaming.
I told them to remove my auto-renewal until I see if pro-rating. They said as of now it's still full price until they hear different from the NHL.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I went through my TV provider, harder I assume if streaming.
I told them to remove my auto-renewal until I see if pro-rating. They said as of now it's still full price until they hear different from the NHL.
Thanks for the info.

For last year's subscription, I assumed the amount was going to be small, as there were only 9 or 10 games remaining to be played. Playoffs are covered on the regular TV national broadcast channels, so I wasn't thinking that was important.

I'm just waiting for additional info to see what they do this year.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Weird question. I want to update my credit card info but when I try and login into nhl tv it says my email doesn’t exist. Same with forgot password. And yes I know it’s correct As I’m still logged into it on my console where it very clearly shows it. Not sure what to do. It’s a head scratcher.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I"m really confused I live in Canada, I'm only interested in watching Canadian division games? I live in Ontario?

Can I pay monthly?
depending on where you live in ontario and what sports channels you subscribe to you should receive 1 of three options
1-regional leaf games + national televised games
2-regional sens games + national televised games
3-all the above

center ice will give you out of market games . so if your interested in just the canadian teams then you will get the nucks , flames , oilers , jets , habs games on the pkg . however , if any of these teams are playing verses the leafs or sens(depending where you live in ontario) you would have to watch it on your regional sports channel

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Weird question. I want to update my credit card info but when I try and login into nhl tv it says my email doesn’t exist. Same with forgot password. And yes I know it’s correct As I’m still logged into it on my console where it very clearly shows it. Not sure what to do. It’s a head scratcher.
I had the same issue, and that was even when I clicked the link in the email they sent me! It said I didn’t have an active account but I was successful logging in from that page.

I too emailed and requested my auto renewal be stopped. They responded the next day that it was. I normally get a great deal through their id.me discount and wasn’t sure how that worked with the auto renewal last season, so I figure I’ll just wait and manually sign up again when it’s available.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Just heard about Hank and his heart condition, I am a diehard Rangers fan since 1992, he's the greatest goalie I've ever seen play for the Rangers along with Mike Richter, I really hope he just retires and doesn't try to make a comeback. I know he will retire as a Ranger and go into the HOF as a Ranger, glad the Capitals support his decision and hope the Caps fans respect his decision, I know it sucks. Much love and respect to Hanky, can't wait to see his number get retired at MSG.

Reactions: OddyOh and FMichael

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Anyone in Canada asked for a refund on their Centre Ice subscription from last season?

Teams played on average 12 less games so 85% of the season. 15% refund works out at around $36 for me here in Quebec which ain't much but it is better in my pocket than Bell.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Anyone in Canada asked for a refund on their Centre Ice subscription from last season?

Teams played on average 12 less games so 85% of the season. 15% refund works out at around $36 for me here in Quebec which ain't much but it is better in my pocket than Bell.

I did, first level help , transferred me to second level, they tried to tell me , I’m sure you got a refund when season shut down, I said nope, they checked and said ya you’re right. then they aid we did not get a refund from NHL, so cannot issue one. Looks like NHL tried to keep its revenues, instead of returning to fans.

With some persistence issued me a 40 dollar credit, they said as goodwill, had CI for 20 years, and long time customer.

Last edited:

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
For the coming season, I've decided to take a pass on Center Ice regardless of the price. There's still a significant COVID threat that may impact/shutdown the season, and a refund will be difficult to get. I'll take a look again next year with hope and renewed optimism, but not now.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I did, first level help , transferred me to second level, they tried to tell me , I’m sure you got a refund when season shit down, I said nope, they checked and said ya you’re right. then said we did not get a refund from NHL, so cannot issue one. Looks like NHL tried to keep its revenues, instead of returning to fans.

With some persistence issued me a 40 dollar credit, they said as goodwill, had CI for 20 years, and long time customer.
I am with Bell and I did an online chat this afternoon. Gave him all the details about only 85% of the season being played and that I was due a refund of $32 plus tax. He went away and came back to tell me he had put in a request and I should see something on my next bill.

I am going to cancel CI and wait and see if the money is returned then decide depending on their asking price for 56 games.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada

I'm a long time subscriber through bell and did not receive any refund . I took myself off auto-renewal because I want to see the 20-21 price first . Maybe when the price is known I'll parlay my order with a side dish of I'll only keep my subscription going if I'm refunded 36 bucks .

on edit , just chatted with bell canada and she said the following

Thank you for the overview of the concern. Refunds are at the discretion of the content provider (NHL). As of the moment, no credit refunds offered by the league for previous season's NHL Centre ICE subscriptions. Rest assured that the appropriate credit process and policy will be communicated once the league announces.
As for the upcoming season, details of the pricing will be provided closer to the season start date. At the moment we do not have any updates on this yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare2904

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
NHL LIVE™

Looks like early bird pricing is available for the 2020-2021 season here in Canada. $159.99.

I thought it would be a bit cheaper for a 56 game season..
Centre Ice equivalent is $142 based off the $209 82 game season price of 19/20.

I'll wait for CI price before deciding.

The one thing CI has going for it over NHL Live is it just being another TV channel so I can easily flick over to the news or CBC / NBC etc

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I'm a long time subscriber through bell and did not receive any refund . I took myself off auto-renewal because I want to see the 20-21 price first . Maybe when the price is known I'll parlay my order with a side dish of I'll only keep my subscription going if I'm refunded 36 bucks .

on edit , just chatted with bell canada and she said the following

Thank you for the overview of the concern. Refunds are at the discretion of the content provider (NHL). As of the moment, no credit refunds offered by the league for previous season's NHL Centre ICE subscriptions. Rest assured that the appropriate credit process and policy will be communicated once the league announces.
As for the upcoming season, details of the pricing will be provided closer to the season start date. At the moment we do not have any updates on this yet.
I cancelled my auto renewal last night as well. Maybe once the 20/21 price is released we will hear for sure about partial refunds.

To be fair, the TV provider should up front the money then go argue with the nhl. We have a deal with them to give us a product, whilst not Bell etc fault, I paid them for 82 games.

This is the one thing I don't like about CI, no direct line to customer service, you have to go via the TV provider, hence it being them who should give the refund IMO

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Centre Ice equivalent is $142 based off the $209 82 game season price of 19/20.

I'll wait for CI price before deciding.

The one thing CI has going for it over NHL Live is it just being another TV channel so I can easily flick over to the news or CBC / NBC etc

The bonus for me, is using the PVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad