NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I don't think just because there's no "NHL.TV" displayed with some games, that means that game won't be available in the app.

You get the same thing when you look up the schedule for play-in games starting on Saturday – you don't see "NHL.TV" next to every game, but of course every game will be available via the app.

From the look of my NHL.tv app here in the EU/Slovakia, it appears as if all exhibition games should be streamed via the app, but we shall see (as soon as tonight).

It may vary by country. When I looked at the nhl.tv web site with my US VPN, it stated that they would be broadcasting 10 exhibition games which would match with not broadcasting those two games.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I have Shaw TV in Canada and I talked to one of the Reps yesterday who couldn't find the Philadelphia Pittsburgh game today but said that Shaw TV was looking at a refund or a credit once the season gets figured out. I did not get the Pittsburgh Philadelphia game today and I just talked to another Shaw rep who said Centre ice subscribers would not be getting a refund or a credit.

Pretty bad communication and their position doesnt seem reasonable to me

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Update...this is what I got back..."the majority of the cost for Center Ice goes to the NHL. The NHL has not decided to refund the package, so Shaw cannot refund the package at this time. If you have the address or account number, I can have the account reviewed for a partial credit

Anyway Shaw provided a pretty decent credit so kudos to them...

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Well on DirecTV they've shut down my NHL Network despite the fact it's supposed to be available during the season with the Center Ice package. I'd of thought these exhibitions would be fun to watch. Now I'm somewhat angry. I'll be calling in the a.m. but don't expect much as it's difficult to talk hockey with somebody in the Philippines.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone find the 30 second skip/replay buttons a little problematic on the NHL app on Apple iOS? If you skipped forward 30 second, it would repeat the last frame and then skip forward, but if you clicked on it again it would then pause the video. Also the play timer would not update even though the video was playing?

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
the LEAST they could've done for fans here is to lift the blackout restrictions for this. Come on now.
Yup...cord cutter in the GTA here...I’d be happy to pay for full access online but instead I’ll stream it for free.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So from my understanding GameCenter/Center Ice is over and if you want to watch the playoff games not in your area you have to pay extra if you don't have cable.

Last edited:

EastCoastFlamesFan

Jul 13, 2016
After all this I still have zero idea if I pay the $4.99 to use NHL.TV if it will actually work or will all the games be blacked out. Again, I am in the U.S and without cable. Thinking I may just bite the bullet, pay the $4.99, and if the NBCSN games are actually blacked out through NHL.TV, I'll just call for a refund--I mean it's only 5 bucks. I don't know, something about this whole thing and lack of communication from the NHL on this just irks me. It really should be be this difficult to get an answer.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I thought I had saw this posted in one of the recent pages of this thread but I'm looking for confirmation that we'll be able to view the playoff games through the NHL.tv service 24 HOURS after they've aired? Is that correct/accurate? If so, I'll gladly avoid any hockey related news for 24 hours until I'm able to view the games I would have wanted to watch...

My time zone and work hours are not a good combo for being able to view live games....

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I appreciate the NHL Not blocking this game out for NBCSN's coverage. I like the Carolina feed, even though it's so weird that Forslund is not there. He was interviewed on a podcast I listen to and I was surprised they didn't ask him about his health, because when the NHL did shut down he came down with Covid.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have a buddy in Las Cruces, New Mexico who says neither feed is available for him through NHL TV. Anyone else having this problem? It works fine for me in San Diego.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I appreciate the NHL Not blocking this game out for NBCSN's coverage. I like the Carolina feed, even though it's so weird that Forslund is not there. He was interviewed on a podcast I listen to and I was surprised they didn't ask him about his health, because when the NHL did shut down he came down with Covid.

Rangers feed is where it’s at. San Rosen’s voice is classic.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
I thought I had saw this posted in one of the recent pages of this thread but I'm looking for confirmation that we'll be able to view the playoff games through the NHL.tv service 24 HOURS after they've aired? Is that correct/accurate? If so, I'll gladly avoid any hockey related news for 24 hours until I'm able to view the games I would have wanted to watch...

My time zone and work hours are not a good combo for being able to view live games....
I just checked to see how long it took for them to "archive" games.....48 hours.

Reactions: wolfgaze
Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
After an update on PS4, even with "Hide Scores" activate, you can see how long a game went on, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the hide scores feature. Pretty stupid.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
NHL app won’t work for me on my smart TVs but does on my PS4 app. When I try to use the TV app it says no feeds available. Anyone know what that’s all about?

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Such BS. I paid for the NHL.TV service this season and try to watch the game and get this message --> "This game is not available in your region due to blackout restrictions. Don't miss out! It can be watched on NBCSN".
Since when has a paid channel locked you out of a broadcast? I get it if NBC is broadcasting but NBCSN? I would have to pay for a TV service for this channel. I already paid for the NHL.TV

I HATE BLACKOUT RULES!!!!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Not sure if anyone notices or if it's just me, but does the NBCSN stream seem more film-like in appearance than the NHL Network stream. The NHL stream is much more crisp and clean. We switched to streaming with FUBO about a year ago and noticed this right away. Also being in the NY/NJ region we get the MSG/MSG+ stream and they are equally as good as the NHL stream. Anyone else see a difference with the NBCSN stream?

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
The app on my Apple TV weirdly enough won't let me move to today's games. It works on my phone, but on the Apple TV Sunday's matches are the last ones visible. Anyone else have that issue?

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
Tampe Vs Columbus and Dallas VS Calgary.. Both blacked out on nhl.tv on ps4 tongight!!
too bad, it seems like they are blacking out games on nbcsn again. They seem to let those slip through the cracks during the best of 5 round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad