NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
I've used Hulu in past years to get playoff hockey. This year they're not advertising NHL hockey but they do have NBC SN and Fox sports. Of course with the disclaimer not all channels are offered live/on demand. Half an hour on chat with Support they confirm the Dallas/Calgary game is the game being broadcast in my area. Upgrade to Live, log in, and Columbus/TB is on. Had left the chat open, rep looks into it and re-sets my account. Log out and in, and its the same game on. Most I can hope is NBC SN is just carrying the broadcast on since it's OT. If it doesn't switch over to Dallas/Cgy after I may be calling in for a refund. Such bs

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
blacked out of every game so far.. i get a message saying due to regional blackout i can not watch it is available on..... i dont know how the entire country is a regional blackout..

EVERY game on nhl.tv ps4 has been blacked out of the regular playoffs..

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
just talked to nhl.tv support................

"I would like to let you know that In the United States, all Stanley Cup® Playoffs and Stanley Cup® Final games are only nationally televised and, you can still watch the live play offs if you have access to NBC Sports Network."

refunds:

"I want to inform you that our refund policy is for the subscriptions purchased within 5 days from the current date and, in your case we will not able to process your refund but, based on your experience I can submit a request and, if approved you will be notified about it."

pretty much a big FU to nhl.tv subscribers in the USA.. No make up for the cancelled season..

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
The app on my Apple TV weirdly enough won't let me move to today's games. It works on my phone, but on the Apple TV Sunday's matches are the last ones visible. Anyone else have that issue?
Yes, but I have the opposite issue where my Android phone app won't show games past the last play-ins day, while the app on iPad has the current day's games available. Perhaps a restart is necessary for the whole phone rather than just the app for me. I did check and there is no update for the app as well. I prefer the apps because it's impossible to avoid scores via Chromecasting from the computer to the TV like you can with the apps.

Edit: Phone restart worked.

nyijedi

Nov 29, 2014
Does anyone know if the playoffs be available on NHL.tv for the rest of the playoffs and Finals, or will they stop at some point due to national blackouts?

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Feel like a bit like a numbskull. Just subscribed to NHL TV for $9 to watch the rest of the Habs series on my TV (HDMI cords are impractical when you want to use your laptop), and none of the games are available due to blackout / region lock. Thought it was because of my location being in Hawaii, tried a VPN and nope. Back to other methods I go then.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Quick question: Does being able to view the playoff games on the NHL app / NHL.tv service 48 hours after they've aired have anything to do with having purchased a subscription this season - or is this something available to everyone simply by accessing the app/service?

I'm currently viewing all the playoff series on a 48 hour delay so I can view the games (I want to see) in their entirety and at my own leisure/convenience... Yes I have to avoid certain forums, threads, and websites as to not ruin the outcomes - but overall I'd say this is definitely doable and I'm glad to have this access as opposed to missing most of the playoffs (my time zone and work schedule and lack of cable tv service are not conducive to viewing most of these games live)...

nyijedi

Nov 29, 2014
Feel like a bit like a numbskull. Just subscribed to NHL TV for $9 to watch the rest of the Habs series on my TV (HDMI cords are impractical when you want to use your laptop), and none of the games are available due to blackout / region lock. Thought it was because of my location being in Hawaii, tried a VPN and nope. Back to other methods I go then.

If you set your VPN to somewhere outside of the U.S., it should work. It does for me. Watching the Habs game now in NY with my VPN set to Toronto. If I'm set to anywhere in the U.S., games being broadcast on NBCSN don't work due to national blackout.

Edit: Another thing. If your device has a sim card in it and/or GPS, I think that might complicated things. I typically use an android TV box, which doesn't have a sim card or GPS, and all I need to do is set my VPN.

Last edited:

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
If you set your VPN to somewhere outside of the U.S., it should work. It does for me. Watching the Habs game now in NY with my VPN set to Toronto. If I'm set to anywhere in the U.S., games being broadcast on NBCSN don't work due to national blackout.

Edit: Another thing. If your device has a sim card in it and/or GPS, I think that might complicated things. I typically use an android TV box, which doesn't have a sim card or GPS, and all I need to do is set my VPN.

I tried a VPN proxy for Montreal and it just prompted me to log in to a cable provider. I'll give it a shot with Toronto using an actual VPN. Not sure how to hook up a VPN to my PS4, only tried that with my phone

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
I tried a VPN proxy for Montreal and it just prompted me to log in to a cable provider. I'll give it a shot with Toronto using an actual VPN. Not sure how to hook up a VPN to my PS4, only tried that with my phone

The Canadian log-in page has a link to the NHL.com log-in and the American log-in page has a link for Canadian (Rogers) subscribers.

Reactions: shello

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I was on the nhl.tv monthly plan (I bought through apple) before the season went on pause. Normally this would charge at beginning of every month until April. Because of the pause it never took my April payment but took one on 1 August as the games were starting back. It’s now tried to charge me again for September even though as far as I can tell the August payment should have been the last. Has this happened to anyone else? Are they just going to charge every month until the season is finished?

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Current game 6 between Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Islanders is breaking up and stopping all the time on NHL TV. Tried both video feeds, same issue on both. Trying to watch from Sweden. Worst problems so far this playoffs, no big issues on earlier games.

oneoldhockeydad

May 6, 2019
Current game 6 between Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Islanders is breaking up and stopping all the time on NHL TV. Tried both video feeds, same issue on both. Trying to watch from Sweden. Worst problems so far this playoffs, no big issues on earlier games.
I just talked to their support line, having problems with their feed. argh.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Got this from NHL.TV today...

Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,

This is to notify you that, as a 2019-20 NHL.TV™ subscriber who has opted for automatic renewal, your automatic renewal of your 2020-21 season NHL.TV™ subscription is scheduled to occur on or around January 10, 2021.

As a 2019–20 NHL.TV™ subscriber and based on your preferences, you don't have to do a thing. Your subscription will automatically renew so you will be all set to begin watching the 2020-21 NHL season action.

You will receive a final subscription pricing notification no less than one week before the start of the 2020-21 NHL season.

To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, or to learn more about your options, call Customer Support at 800-559-2333 (US) or 1-585-736-3994 (International) between 9AM and 6PM ET or email [email protected] before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021. To cancel online, simply click here. Your payment card will not be charged if you cancel before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021.

Sincerely,

NHL.TV

Looks like the 13th is pretty set in stone as a start date at this point. Really wondering what the price for a 56 game season will be. Guessing around $75.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Looks like the 13th is pretty set in stone as a start date at this point. Really wondering what the price for a 56 game season will be. Guessing around $75.

Something tells me the price will be the same as last year. With no fans, NHL has no choice but to maximize their TV revenue.

And I won't be upset. It's still a pandemic.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Something tells me the price will be the same as last year. With no fans, NHL has no choice but to maximize their TV revenue.

I cancelled my auto renewal ahead of time because I'd like to see the price first . Through Bell Canada the price has been roughly 210 + 13% tax these past few years . I wouldnt mind seeing something in the 150 + tax range for a shortened season .

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Well the price last season was for an anticipated full season. Knowing that the season is only going to be 56 games going into it should make a difference.

I should also point out that I only pay got the Devils season, not every team so my $75 estimate is for a single team’s season at 56 games.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

That is their problem, not mine. If they keep the regular price, I will cancel for the season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
And find a lot of exciting outdoor activities instead? :)
Will just Rangers games and when they are not playing just some Devils, Isles, and whatever is on NBCS/NHL network. Or, I find streams if I really want to watch a game not being carried.

HugoSimon

Jan 25, 2013
I"m really confused I live in Canada, I'm only interested in watching Canadian division games? I live in Ontario?

Can I pay monthly?

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,

This is to notify you that, as a 2019-20 NHL.TV™ subscriber who has opted for automatic renewal, your automatic renewal of your 2020-21 season NHL.TV™ subscription is scheduled to occur on or around January 10, 2021.

As a 2019–20 NHL.TV™ subscriber and based on your preferences, you don't have to do a thing. Your subscription will automatically renew so you will be all set to begin watching the 2020-21 NHL season action.

You will receive a final subscription pricing notification no less than one week before the start of the 2020-21 NHL season.

To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, or to learn more about your options, call Customer Support at 800-559-2333 (US) or 1-585-736-3994 (International) between 9AM and 6PM ET or email [email protected] before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021. To cancel online, simply click here. Your payment card will not be charged if you cancel before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021.

Sincerely,

NHL.TV

I got this same email. Clicked on the 'To cancel online simply click here' link. Says I don't have a subscription. Well I do, but even then, if you think I don't why would you send me the email? I swear the NHL is so bush league when it comes to online and customer service.

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,
This is to notify you that, as a 2019-20 NHL.TV™ subscriber who has opted for automatic renewal, your automatic renewal of your 2020-21 season NHL.TV™ subscription is scheduled to occur on or around January 10, 2021...
To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, or to learn more about your options, call Customer Support at 800-559-2333 (US) or 1-585-736-3994 (International) between 9AM and 6PM ET or email [email protected] ...

I called their 800 number and asked Customer Support for their price for the new season.
Answer: They don't know yet. He would not answer whether the price would be more or less than last season. Said they're waiting for a few more scheduling details from the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad