NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Found a promo code online and three of us friends went in to share a purchase of Roger's Game Center.. 57 bucks each for the year. And you are able to stream on 3 separate devices simultaneously so it's perfect. Good value if you can find people to share with.. especially after Roger's gave me a $250 credit for complaining to them about the lack of free content now.

3 separate devices on 3 separate networks with differing IP addresses?

Or 3 separate devices on the same network?

(Assuming it's the latter)

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
2nd year having Rogers Center Ice.

Does anyone else get really annoyed with their game recaps?
- They only show goals or big saves. No hits, no fights, no interesting other things. Completely watered-down vanilla NHL highlights.
- They have now added a short 15 second commercial to the front of every game recap. WTF. So I have to view a commercial now for every single game I want to watch a replay of. This is new this season.
- Despite having the "show scores" turned off, they still display a caption indicating who won the game just before loading your game recap. Why would I want to know who won, just before watching the replays?

It's also crappy they have very little other content.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It's telling me every game is blacked out when I try and watch. Anyone else having this issue

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
It's telling me every game is blacked out when I try and watch. Anyone else having this issue

I get a message saying I'm not authorized to view the content every so often when I try to watch something after starting the app on the firestick. I just log out and back in and it goes away. I'm assuming it is the app being glitchy because I haven't noticed this problem when I use the computer. This is distinct from the game being blacked out in my region message though, so I don't know if it is the same problem.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
This is why tha NHL is the 4th best league out of the 4 major NA leagues. For NFL DAZN works great, mlb.tv for baseball as well. Is there any way to watch local games on NHL.tv without a cable provider? I cut the cable 2 years ago and will never go back to Shaw, Rogers or Telus. Is the only way to watch local games is to change my IP address using a VPN? If this is the only way it would be pretty funny, and just more reason to not support the NHL in any way shape or form.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Just got off the phone with nhl.tv and it seems unless you are getting bent over by a cable provider in Canada there’s no way to watch local games. What a joke Rogers and the NHL is. I guess I’ll just have to stick to NFL football. It’s way cheaper, no blackouts, and I don’t have to get bent over by a cable provider.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I have this issue that when I watch on my browser, the page "refreshes" and causes the stream to hiccup. This happens ALL the time... I'd say about every 15 seconds. It's infuriating to watch. It's as if the page is reloading, and I can tell because you can see a URL flash on the bottom left of the screen, which happens when a page is loading (or you hover over a link).

My computer is definitely capable. Watching on Chrome. I have the latest version of Chrome, computer is constantly restarted. This happens all the time and happened all the time last year. Ad blockers are disabled.

I took a video of my screen to show what I mean:

Does this happen to anyone else?

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Just got off the phone with nhl.tv and it seems unless you are getting bent over by a cable provider in Canada there’s no way to watch local games. What a joke Rogers and the NHL is. I guess I’ll just have to stick to NFL football. It’s way cheaper, no blackouts, and I don’t have to get bent over by a cable provider.
No NFL blackouts because the NFL doesn't have teams in Canada. This has nothing to do with Rogers. Local black outs have been for years for hockey. It's the same for baseball as well. Put it this way if they didn't have local blackouts you don't have hockey as everyone would drop the stations from packages and than sports channels would not pay for the rights to show the games. Than teams would no longer receive money from broadcasting. Center Ice, Game Center etc. are not for local broadcasts, it's to access out of market games. You do get to see the broadcast 48 hrs. later if you don't want to pay for local broadcasts.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have this issue that when I watch on my browser, the page "refreshes" and causes the stream to hiccup. This happens ALL the time... I'd say about every 15 seconds. It's infuriating to watch. It's as if the page is reloading, and I can tell because you can see a URL flash on the bottom left of the screen, which happens when a page is loading (or you hover over a link).

My computer is definitely capable. Watching on Chrome. I have the latest version of Chrome, computer is constantly restarted. This happens all the time and happened all the time last year. Ad blockers are disabled.

Does this happen to anyone else?

It happens to me on all my computers. Even my top of the line main pc. Annoying as hell. Thankfully my main watching is via the Roku app which is flawless.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It happens to me on all my computers. Even my top of the line main pc. Annoying as hell. Thankfully my main watching is via the Roku app which is flawless.

Ugh same for me. It's ridiculous. It does work fine on my Chromecast, and NHL says it's a different feed. Problem is, I haven't figured out how to watch on delay via Chromecast. If I cast to pick up the Chromecast feed, it jumps right to live. I have to mirror my tab via Chromecast, but then that means I'm watching the browser feed and there's these annoying ass hiccups.

It's infuriating. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
MTS centre ice is also great. I've had zero complaints for 7 years now.

You guys realize we are talking about Rogers NHL TV right? This has nothing to do with the NHL Centre Ice tv service.

If I watch my Fibe tv on my computer it is as smooth as butter.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
You guys realize we are talking about Rogers NHL TV right? This has nothing to do with the NHL Centre Ice tv service.

If I watch my Fibe tv on my computer it is as smooth as butter.
Does the thread title not say "Centre Ice"? I was commenting on how great it is

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Just an odd comment in the midst of the NHL.tv comments.

Do people actually ever have any issues with Centre Ice? I never did over the 7 or so years I had it. I loved it but got NHL.tv for free from Rogers with my cell plan. If I were paying I'd have to agree with you that Center Ice is the better quality product. That being said, I do like the flexibility of NHL.tv.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
One thing that nearly had me go to NHL center ice this year was the commercials on NHL.TV are just as bad if not moreso than MLB.TV. Having to hear "how deep is your love" 100 times a game would drive anyone crazy. Do the people running this product realize how annoying this is? Why can't they actually show the real local advertising like Gamecenter Live did.

Reactions: Bub

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
This is why tha NHL is the 4th best league out of the 4 major NA leagues. For NFL DAZN works great, mlb.tv for baseball as well. Is there any way to watch local games on NHL.tv without a cable provider? I cut the cable 2 years ago and will never go back to Shaw, Rogers or Telus. Is the only way to watch local games is to change my IP address using a VPN? If this is the only way it would be pretty funny, and just more reason to not support the NHL in any way shape or form.

DAZN worked so great that after 3 weeks Sunday Ticket was back on cable and satellite in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad