NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
anyone else having issues right now? on ps4 specifically, i'm getting "no feed available for this game" on every game.

works fine on my computer
Usually when I have problems like that, I have to re-install the app on my PS4. Mine's playing fine right now.

Not only is that "Weekend Hockey on NHL Network" annoying as hell, it's also a slap in the face of people that use NHL.tv. "Hey hockey fan, thank you for spending $140 on our service to watch out-of-market games, so here's some games we added to the national broadcast schedule that will get blacked-out on the app. Take that, cord-cutters"

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Usually when I have problems like that, I have to re-install the app on my PS4. Mine's playing fine right now.

Not only is that "Weekend Hockey on NHL Network" annoying as hell, it's also a slap in the face of people that use NHL.tv. "Hey hockey fan, thank you for spending $140 on our service to watch out-of-market games, so here's some games we added to the national broadcast schedule that will get blacked-out on the app. Take that, cord-cutters"

Maybe it's a mistake on NHL's part, but I've actually been able to watch NHL Network games on NHL.TV. I was flipping to Montreal/Boston off and on last night.

Reactions: CPTN71

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My Roku tv has been terrific for me. No problems whatsoever.

After years of having Gamecentre Live and using my computer connected to a TV, I must say the ROKU I got is a huge improvement of picture wise(also much less of a hassle to load up). Well worth the 150 I paid for it

I would get Centre Ice through my cable company but I hate the fact I can't get local feeds on it(some announcers I don't want to watch so I was willing to put up with a lesser picture for years)

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
DAZN worked so great that after 3 weeks Sunday Ticket was back on cable and satellite in Canada?

You talking about last season or this season? Because your facts are wrong, Sunday ticket is nowhere to be found on cable providers. Cable is dying and Rogers is trying to hold out. Have fun defending Rogers and paying for channels you don’t need.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Maybe it's a mistake on NHL's part, but I've actually been able to watch NHL Network games on NHL.TV. I was flipping to Montreal/Boston off and on last night.

Me too, all the time.

Also, I don't want to be THAT person but my NHL.tv works perfectly and has for the last, four/five seasons. This past Tuesday I was watching four game in the "four grid" view and had two on televisions. So laptop, Roku and XBox. Not a single issue on any of the streams. I have 50/50 mbps over Verizon Fios, no cable or satellite.

Switch between games all the time, no issues there either. I could easily stream the games "other" ways without paying but honestly it wouldn't be as efficient as NHL.tv makes it for me and I will pay for quality every time.

Last edited:

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Ugh same for me. It's ridiculous. It does work fine on my Chromecast, and NHL says it's a different feed. Problem is, I haven't figured out how to watch on delay via Chromecast. If I cast to pick up the Chromecast feed, it jumps right to live. I have to mirror my tab via Chromecast, but then that means I'm watching the browser feed and there's these annoying ass hiccups.

It's infuriating. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know.

I think it's constantly reloading the stats below the screen. You know, the ones that you can't see at all when you're watching fullscreen. If you take it off full screen you can see it reconnecting to nhlcdn something something. If you could find the URL for it and block it it might help.

Anyway I'm stuck in the same situation because the Flash player on nhl.tv is absolute garbage on my laptop, constantly stuttering and lagging, but I usually watch games on a 1 hour delay making the Chromecast useless (even though the video is much smoother through it). I used to watch on my PS3 and it was better but they dropped support for it this year. It's just baffling how bad they are at this.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
They've outdone themselves. This new Tavares/Toews commercial is almost as bad as the Katz/McDavid incident.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
DAZN worked so great that after 3 weeks Sunday Ticket was back on cable and satellite in Canada?

And also DAZN has many other sports available for there baseline price. Champions league soccer, Liga, Serie A, Bellator, the 2 biggest stars in boxing, mlb network etc. as well as all NFL content. The NHL rips its customers off but guys like you like to defend Uncle Gary for some reason. Get your head out of the sand.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I had center ice for a long time. took a break the last couple years after being unhappy with quality

this will be the last year I ever get it. couldnt get into any streams last night and actually had to watch it off a reddit thread.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
For the past few days I've been getting only standard definition video instead of HD. I have no idea how to fix it and it's only a problem on nhl.tv.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm a paid NHL.tv subscriber and tonight (Sunday 11/11) I cannot get any of the 'Full Game' feeds to play... The full game feeds from the prior night are still working fine, just not the current ones.... Bummer as this is my weekend and I was hoping to watch at least 2 games tonight....

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I had center ice for a long time. took a break the last couple years after being unhappy with quality

this will be the last year I ever get it. couldnt get into any streams last night and actually had to watch it off a reddit thread.

This is my last year as well. Too many of the games I want to watch are smaller than my TV screen and have the video quality of broadcast games in the 1970's.

MB11

Nov 10, 2017
Using NHL.TV on Kodi, is there any way to hide the time remaining in the game, etc that shows up at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Reactions: JetsFan815

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
anyone else having issues right now? on ps4 specifically, i'm getting "no feed available for this game" on every game.

works fine on my computer

There was a message that said that they updated their security settings and that I may have to change my password. I had to go the (NHL.TV) website to change my password and BINGO, everything was back to normal.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so are the flames better than we all thought or are the jets (ie hellebuyck) worse than we thought?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm a paid NHL.tv subscriber and tonight (Sunday 11/11) I cannot get any of the 'Full Game' feeds to play... The full game feeds from the prior night are still working fine, just not the current ones.... Bummer as this is my weekend and I was hoping to watch at least 2 games tonight....

take me about 10 tries to get past the stream error msg...absoilutely brutal. regularly have to head to the reddit threads, despite being a nhl.tv subscriber

smithyide

Aug 22, 2013
North of Spain
Hi there, i'm thinking of subscribing the recent offer for the NHL.tv for 89.99$ and i'm from Spain, but when i select my country, automatically it charges me with another extra 20 bucks due to taxes. My question is: if i choose any other close country to the US, (like Mexico) it doesn't charge me with that extra fee....Am i going to suffer any blackouts for choosing a differente country than mine?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
NHL.tv streams working for anyone else today (Friday 11/23)?

I cannot get any of them to play, neither through my NHL.tv app on a streaming box nor through a web browser directly from the NHL.tv site...

I looked up the twitter account for NHLtvSupport and it appears I'm not the only one experiencing these unacceptable issues:

Search Twitter - nhltvsupport

They need to get their act together... This is the 2nd time in the last few weeks that all of the game feeds were 'blacked out' regardless of your living location...

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm a paid subscriber and the last time I couldn't access any of the game streams was on 11/11, when they were offering 'free games' for Veteran's Day... Well I just noticed that on 11/23 (yesterday) they were also offering a 'free game', for the Oilers/Ducks game... Well what do you know, my feeds were down again.... Coincidence or something screwy on their software's end?

Update: All of a sudden like magic the streams are now working/functioning again... I had previously messaged NHLtvSupport on twitter about these issues - let's see what they say and if they try to suggest the 'issue' was on my end...

Last edited:

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Does anyone get 60 fps with the native fire stick NHL.tv app? For me it appears to be 30 fps - very "stroby." I still use Kodi and the NHL.tv plugin for my fire stick because it comes in a 60 fps and makes viewing so much nicer. It would be nice if the native app was truly 60 fps (like advertised).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad