NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Just spent a half hour with Spectrum they said they are not showing any free preview. WTF?
Does anybody with another provider get the free preview?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Just spent a half hour with Spectrum they said they are not showing any free preview. WTF?

Bell in Canada, I know doesn't help your cause.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The last 2 years I had Spectrum and its been horrible. They only had 2 HD channels and the rest of the games were in SD and you couldn't choose which feed to view. I switched to NHL.TV this year and am very satisfied with that decision.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I’m trying to use the PS4 app as usual but it’s showing no game feeds available, even for the games that have finished. Help?

HJablome

Oct 11, 2018
The HD broadcasts on Center Ice games are horrific, for the most part. They have been this way going back midway through last season. There is horrible motion blur on 3/4 of the broadcasts. My cable provider said they are aware of the issue and blamed the NHL. The NHL blames my Cable Provider. I am pretty sure that the content provider (InDemand) is re-transmitting these games in the cheapest way possible.

It's basically an expensive yet very defective product. Buyer Beware

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
The HD broadcasts on Center Ice games are horrific, for the most part. They have been this way going back midway through last season. There is horrible motion blur on 3/4 of the broadcasts. My cable provider said they are aware of the issue and blamed the NHL. The NHL blames my Cable Provider. I am pretty sure that the content provider (InDemand) is re-transmitting these games in the cheapest way possible.

It's basically an expensive yet very defective product. Buyer Beware

Who is your cable provider? This is not an issue on Directv.

HJablome

Oct 11, 2018
Who is your cable provider? This is not an issue on Directv.
Spectrum. Hockey games on non-Center Ice Channels are fine. I have heard that other cable providers have the same issue. I wish I had Direct TV, but logistically the dish doesn't work for me

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Spectrum. Hockey games on non-Center Ice Channels are fine. I have heard that other cable providers have the same issue. I wish I had Direct TV, but logistically the dish doesn't work for me
In my experience Spectrum is so far behind it's sad. Their internet as well is second rate trash. Sorry man. Best advice would be to cancel the package because it doesn't work as advertised and purchase NHL.tv

HJablome

Oct 11, 2018
In my experience Spectrum is so far behind it's sad. Their internet as well is second rate trash. Sorry man. Best advice would be to cancel the package because it doesn't work as advertised and purchase NHL.tv

Ironically, NHL.TV comes with the Center Ice package for Direct TV, Dish, FIOS, and a bunch of others. Not Spectrum. I agree, their suckitude is immense.

Your advice is probably spot on, but I really don't want to watch streaming games - my TV is too far from the router and my internet isn't that great to begin with.

Thanks for the response

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
NHL Rogers TV or whatever the f*** they are calling it is a garbage service. I had it the last 3 years and I am so glad I finally cancelled and found something that's better and FREE. NHL TV pisses me off with their ridiculous amount of blackouts and the fact that they play f***in Ads during a paid streaming service.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Found a promo code online and three of us friends went in to share a purchase of Roger's Game Center.. 57 bucks each for the year. And you are able to stream on 3 separate devices simultaneously so it's perfect. Good value if you can find people to share with.. especially after Roger's gave me a $250 credit for complaining to them about the lack of free content now.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Roku has been great for me.

Never, ever had a problem with Roku. I’ve watched games on this, Xbox, PS4, Apple TV, iPhone, and PC. Roku is the best.

Watched the Arizona-Dallas game last night on NHLTV with my PS4 and I think that was the best night of streaming I have ever had with it. Only one deja vu rewind moment but otherwise sharp clear picture all night.

Agree. It's the best this has worked since the NHL.TV switch a few years ago.

The forwarding and rewind controls for the PS4 are complete and utter trash.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah...the first game I watched on my PS4 this season was bad, but its been good since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia