PTO: NHL Training Camp Invites and Rosters

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
So that's what that is! I saw it announced by the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins and thought they were having a rookie tourney which I thought was weird!

Pens Roster
Archibald, Josh
Blueger, Teddy
Bubela, Milos*
Dea, Jean-Sebastien
Di Pauli, Thomas
Gardiner, Reid*
Guentzel, Jake
Hebig, Cameron*
Hillbrich, Christian**
McEwan, James*
Quinney, Gage*
Simon, Dominik
Sundqvist, Oskar
Yakimowicz, CJ*

Bengtsson, Lukas
Crawley, Brandon*
Davidson, Dawson*
Hall, Connnor
Prow, Ethan
Segalla, Ryan
Sylvestre, Gabriel*
Webster, Michael**

Jarry, Tristan
Maguire, Sean

* are invites, ** are invites on AHL contracts

Interesting to see Ryan Segalla attending. Unsigned and still had one more year of NCAA eligibility remaining. However, that is now negated by him having attending a pro camp. Perhaps a contract to be announced shortly?

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Wow that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Wasn't he the goalie who was unreal in the World Juniors a while back? Does he have the potential to at least be a backup in the show?

Probably not. The Leafs already have three goaltenders (Bibeau, Sparks and Kaskisuo) competing for two spots at the AHL level.

Interesting to see Ryan Segalla attending. Unsigned and still had one more year of NCAA eligibility remaining. However, that is now negated by him having attending a pro camp. Perhaps a contract to be announced shortly?

He has a record of 7 points and -25 in his past two NCAA seasons. I'm not even sure that's good enough to play in ECHL.

However, it doesn't cost the Pens anything to try him as they own his rights until June 1st.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, Segalla is off UConn's 16-17 roster page so he's likely looking for an ECHL deal coming out of this rookie tourney.
He's close to the very bottom of the Pens prospect list atm.
Sprong is still rehabbing after summer shoulder surgery.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
per Gregg Drinnan's essential WHL blog Taking Note
The Warriors also will have four of their top skaters — F Brett Howden (Tampa Bay Lightning), F Noah Gregor (San Jose Sharks), D Dimitri Zaitsev (Washington Capitals) and F Tanner Jeannot (Minnesota Wild) — at NHL camps.

Jeannot is the lone undrafted player on that list and one of my favourite undrafted WHL prospects from last year: a second year eligible big power forward who excels at forcing turnovers and had a big leap in his offensive game in the second half of the year.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Wow that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Wasn't he the goalie who was unreal in the World Juniors a while back? Does he have the potential to at least be a backup in the show?

Kind of a misnomer.
That Team Canada team was said to be the best ever, and Glass was basically the attitude of "someone has to play goal", and just never faced many shots. Considering the guys who are playing in the show now, you can see why.

Plus I never trust a Sens goalie :naughty:

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Kind of a misnomer.
That Team Canada team was said to be the best ever, and Glass was basically the attitude of "someone has to play goal", and just never faced many shots. Considering the guys who are playing in the show now, you can see why.

Plus I never trust a Sens goalie :naughty:

I must be confusing him with another goalie. I was only 13 at that time.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

A name I'm wondering about is Kris Russell. There were some rumors earlier this month that Florida was interested in him.

I saw Shawn Horcoff's name associated with the Oilers on a PTO a little while back but Stauffer threw cold water on that rumor a few days ago.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike Richards (Chiarelli likes grit), Paul Gaustad (Chiarelli likes size), or Jarret Stoll (Ex-Oiler connection) get the invite.

There are also rumors out there that the Oilers might invite Eric Gryba to camp.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Staple seems pretty certain Isles won't have any PTOs, would have liked Nystrom to have camp with the team he grew up loving.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Edit: looks like I don't know how to put a tweet in here.
Don't worry, I fixed it for ya! You just need the numerical code on the end of the link to put between the Tweet boxes!

By my count, these are the invites for Rangers camp
Nick Betz
Colton Bobyk
Dylan DiPerna
Reid Duke
Michael Joly
Zachary Malatesta
Turner Ottenbreit
Zak Zborosky

Joseph Raaymakers

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Don't worry, I fixed it for ya! You just need the numerical code on the end of the link to put between the Tweet boxes!

Nick Betz
Colton Bobyk
Dylan DiPerna
Reid Duke
Michael Joly
Zachary Malatesta
Turner Ottenbreit
Zak Zborosky

Joseph Raaymakers

Raaymakers is an interesting invite; he was Halverson's backup in the OHL last year. So the tandem the Rangers will be going with in an NHL prospect tournament will be the same tandem the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds went with all season long.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Nick Betz
Colton Bobyk
Dylan DiPerna
Reid Duke
Michael Joly
Zachary Malatesta
Turner Ottenbreit
Zak Zborosky

Joseph Raaymakers

Joly has an AHL contract with Hartford. Ottenbreit's second Traverse City with the Rangers. Joly, Zborosky, Duke, Betz and Ottenbreit were all at the Rangers development camp.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
This is not welcomed news by any of us. Hopefully it's simply to have enough vets dressed, and he doesn't kill anyone on our roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad