PTO: NHL Training Camp Invites and Rosters

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
If I'm not mistaken, every team participated in some sort of rookie tournament or scrimmage last year except for the Avs and I want to say the Coyotes (or was it the Ducks?). Even some of the California teams played against eachother, I think the Sharks hosted someone, was it the Kings? Definitely very unexpected but nice!

It was a few years back, IIRC.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
lol jamie devane

Informative.

-__-

Just Brian Burke trying to help a former player of his.

In Toronto's system, Devane seemed like a pure fighter. He actually cut down his PIM a lot in Nashville and posted AHL career high.

T.J. Galiardi needs to show he regained a form superior to how he was with the Jets, or he'll be a AHLer or Euro league. Was tied 4th best ppg on his SHL team (in 29 games), but I'd be surprised if he gets a 1-way deal.

Tom McCollum never had a prolonged look ain the NHL but had good stats in the AHL.

Haven't heard of Osipov, but he sounds like a defensive D.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Big, physical defenceman with a heavy shot who blocks lots of opponent shots.

He's been somewhat unfairly maligned because Vancouver made him the #1 pick in the 2013 CHL Import Draft ahead of players like Andre Burakovsky, Nikolaj Ehlers, Timo Meier, Julius Honka, Evgeny Svechnikov, and Nikita Scherbak.

IME

Feb 21, 2008
The Cloud
In Toronto's system, Devane seemed like a pure fighter. He actually cut down his PIM a lot in Nashville and posted AHL career high.

T.J. Galiardi needs to show he regained a form superior to how he was with the Jets, or he'll be a AHLer or Euro league. Was tied 4th best ppg on his SHL team (in 29 games), but I'd be surprised if he gets a 1-way deal.

Tom McCollum never had a prolonged look ain the NHL but had good stats in the AHL.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but Devane was picked 68th in 2009. Who was picked 69th? Reilly Smith.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Big, physical defenceman with a heavy shot who blocks lots of opponent shots.

He's been somewhat unfairly maligned because Vancouver made him the #1 pick in the 2013 CHL Import Draft ahead of players like Andre Burakovsky, Nikolaj Ehlers, Timo Meier, Julius Honka, Evgeny Svechnikov, and Nikita Scherbak.

We need Osipov otherwise we are screwed on D. He isn't even that great a player himself... :shakehead

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Alexandre Goulet, aspire cependant faire le saut chez les professionnels dès cette saison. L’attaquant de Disraeli a été invité à participer au camp des recrues des Coyotes de l’Arizona. Il pourrait également être appelé à prendre part au camp du club-école des Coyotes dans la Ligue américaine de hockey, les Falcons de Springfield.

http://www.lanouvelle.net/Sports/Ho...ndre-Goulet-reviendra-t-il-avec-les-Tigres?/1

Arizona has invited Alexandre Goulet to its rookie camp. Goulet could also land an invitation to their AHL affiliate (incorrectly mentioned as Springfield) camp.

Mad Brills*

Highly doubt prust makes the leafs, with their waiver eligible guys.

Probably just filler since they're losing 6 players to the world cup.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Brandon Prust to the Leafs:

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
The Leafs have invited Brandon Prust to camp on a PTO (tryout). The pursuit of toughness continues.

Waste of a PTO. Guys a loser.

Seriously when you're brought in to help Dorsett with fighting & then go to the media & say that our young guys (speaking of McCann) need to defend themselves I think it speaks to his character. Never mind the part where he was a healthy scratch vs the Rangers only to whine about it & take Virtanen's spot that night.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I don't understand why Rangers invite Lappy which has no use for them meanwhile Wiz gets a PTO with TBL. Someone is sleeping at the wheel in NY.
Hrabarenka is a much needed RHD for the Marlies.

I liked Prust-as a Flame and Ranger.

I loved Prust as a NYR! Rangers 4th line hasn't been the same since he and Boyle are gone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad