Pre-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline - Wednesday March 5 @ 12 noon PST - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
You guys gonna stay up or wake for the deadline?

There is no point.
Trade deadline shows are always boring...
And I feel really sorry for the people who had to continue to talk...
Even if there is nothing to report on.

I may even wait until 1pm tomorrow...
Before I check on the trades.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not sure why'd we trade him has a good contract unless some team overpays we don't really need the late picks for him unless were gonna sell off big pieces too and full on rebuild... Which we should at this point.

Meh. If you can get a 4th or better pick for him, I don't think it hurts anything. Matthias can provide as good or better play. Worst-case scenario you make your pick better as a by-product.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Meh. If you can get a 4th or better pick for him, I don't think it hurts anything. Matthias can provide as good or better play.

Agreed. Matthias is a better version of him, and Richardson's defensive play hasn't been great lately anyway.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Meh. If you can get a 4th or better pick for him, I don't think it hurts anything. Matthias can provide as good or better play. Worst-case scenario you make your pick better as a by-product.

Apparently Jeremy Morin vanished from the Hawk's bench too... (Ice Hogs game)

EDIT: NM He returned.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
If Kesler gets traded, Gillis will probably wait until the last possible second so that he doesn't get flipped to a division rival the same day.

That would be the smart thing to do anyway. You never know what backdoor deals other GMs may have.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.

True, then again the way this team is being run who knows what the **** is happening anymore.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If Kesler gets traded, Gillis will probably wait until the last possible second so that he doesn't get flipped to a division rival the same day.

That would be the smart thing to do anyway. You never know what backdoor deals other GMs may have.

Remember how late he was with the Hodgson trade? It came out half an hour after the deadline.

mfzero

Canucks?
Jan 6, 2005
Surrey
Can we wait till the draft or free-agency before picking up a goal scorer, don't want to some how score 3 goals and actually win a game to ruin our draft position.
:laugh:

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Can we wait till the draft or free-agency before picking up a goal scorer, don't want to some how score 3 goals and actually win a game to ruin our draft position.
:laugh:

Can't move positions very much. Nucks will be between 6th-10th pretty much no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad