GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread-Tomorrow at 3pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Athanasiou (a guy I like) is -45 this year. So he and Torts should be an interesting combo platter

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Guess i just realized i haven't been following the NHL at-large very closely of late. A lot of these names mean nothing to me. Looking to this thread to see if any of these are important trades. :)

Reactions: Red Dread

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
He has definitely trended downwards the past two seasons. They may not have given up a blue chipper but they did give up Priskie and Luostarinen who aren't just throw away guys. Their prospect pool is pretty deep so it's not a huge blow. Plus, they lose both Wallmark and Haula from their NHL roster. Haula has trended up since he moved on from Minnesota but IIRC there were some rumors that he wasn't happy in Carolina
Yeah, I sure hope Trotcheck doesn’t regain his form, because that would be a major upgrade at 2 C for them. I thought they would have had to give up Bean plus a first. Florida fans seem seriously down on Trotcheck at this point from the trade thread though, so maybe his game really has fallen off. I’m doing my best to find a silver lining here. I am getting seriously annoyed with Carolina’s strong asset management.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Buffalo buying...pretty interesting.
Eichel is having a helluva year. At some point, that franchise has got to enable him to play some meaningful games at least in March. Maybe they’re trying to tell him they’re closer than they look to be. I’ve seen the rumors about Ristolanien being available which has baffled me because that guy can play, and I don’t know what kind of signal you send Eichel by trading that guy. On the other hand, Jeff Skinner with 12 goals this year on the books at 9 million per thru 2026? That’s an ouch

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Eichel is having a helluva year. At some point, that franchise has got to enable him to play some meaningful games at least in March. Maybe they’re trying to tell him they’re closer than they look to be. I’ve seen the rumors about Ristolanien being available which has baffled me because that guy can play, and I don’t know what kind of signal you send Eichel by trading that guy. On the other hand, Jeff Skinner with 12 goals this year on the books at 9 million per thru 2026? That’s an ouch
I know some here have posted their dislike for Ristolanien but I've always been impressed with how he's played against the Capitals and Ovechkin in particular. He does get physical. Don't know what it would take but of course would include Jensen in a package going to Buffalo.
Dillon - Carlson
Orov - Ristolanien
Kempny - Gudas

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Completely forgot about Grant, would have been a nice offensive upgrade on Dowd. Oh well still 2 hours to get JT

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I know some here have posted their dislike for Ristolanien but I've always been impressed with how he's played against the Capitals and Ovechkin in particular. He does get physical. Don't know what it would take but of course would include Jensen in a package going to Buffalo.
Dillon - Carlson
Orov - Ristolanien
Kempny - Gudas

id take him too behind 74.....that 2nd pair would be gooooooood.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Kovy just said Washington was his preferred destination and when Bergevin asked, that’s where he said he wanted to go. Apparently they had better offers, but, wanted to respect his wishes in hopes of re-signing him this summer.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps are not good taking face-offs and I was hoping the BMac was gonna get Nate Thompson. Flyers traded for him and I wonder if they partially did that to prevent the Caps to acquire him. Trevor Lewis is still available and yes I know he doesn't take face-offs. Would you trade Travis Boyd for Lewis 50% salary retained? I feel Lewis would be a better reserve than Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad