GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread-Tomorrow at 3pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Someone to push Leipsic out of a spot. Makes sense as he has increasingly become more and more invisible with each passing game
I think Leipsic is much better than Panik. Put him on Eller’s wing and I guarantee he has more points than Panik while also bringing more speed and energy. It doesn’t make sense to send Panik to line 4 with his cap hit anyways. Trade him if it comes to it so that a forward with a decent size cap hit could be brought in.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think Leipsic is much better than Panik. Put him on Eller’s wing and I guarantee he has more points than Panik while also bringing more speed and energy. It doesn’t make sense to send Panik to line 4 with his cap hit anyways. Trade him if it comes to it so that a forward with a decent size cap hit could be brought in.

Unfortunately you usually don't get promoted by having 1 point in like 3 months. Rather see a new 3rd liner to bump Panik down to 4th. Or just put Boyd in there over Leppers.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Leipsic gets PP time and has done nothing with it. His game is speed and energy and he was invisible all game long today. Dowd and Hathaway drive that line. At least Panik can hit and has a decent shot.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Leipsic gets PP time and has done nothing with it. His game is speed and energy and he was invisible all game long today. Dowd and Hathaway drive that line. At least Panik can hit and has a decent shot.
He averages less than 30 seconds per game of PP time. He is tied for the most even strength points on that line (Hathaway has the most TOI, followed by Leipsic then Dowd). He has the highest xG% on the line. The line in general has been very good for a 4th line. They constantly bring effort and are good defensively. I see no reason to mess with that. The 4th line is the least of the concerns. Panik IMO is by far the worst forward of the usual 12. He looks a lot like Jensen where he just doesn’t seem to fit in or seem comfortable. Instead of burying a 2.75m cap hit on the 4th line, ruining his confidence even more, and messing with an already very good 4th line, I think you trade him.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Happy to see the effort with the win. A step in the right direction.

GMBM will do what he feels is right to make the team win. The way he stated that suggests a pretty broad envelope of possibilities - but only if they make sense. So a lot of this is what trade counterparts are offering or willing to do.

Could mean a deal giving up mid-round picks/cast off prospects for a depth forward - or moving some roster pieces + for a top 4 D (say Kempny and or Jensen). Or maybe a hockey deal with a big piece (maybe Kuzy) if equal or better value comes back (I would think this would be something they wouldn't pursue, but only if they were surprised with a very good offer).

Could be an interesting 23 hours... I just hope we don't give up any of CCM, MF, AA, Proteus, or Leason for a rental.

I'm convinced GMBM will work this hard, but is also smart and we may see nothing big happen, if value isn't there. The Dillon add takes away any desperation factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
That being said I personally think the most beneficial add would be a top 4 D that helps wall up entries, expedite breakouts, and force neutral zone turnovers. This would free up the forecheck and allow Caps take the game hard against opponents, a hallmark of the 2018 run (and to an extent, St Louis' success last spring).

Last edited:

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
HOw many moves do people think the Caps will make from the posting of this message to the end of the deadline - one? None?
I think it's either none or one. They will try to improve on Panic me think. Ideally we need someone who aren't rental. Some good player like Hornquist will be ideal or another Oshie - one only can dream.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The safe money is on a cheap depth forward rental and that's it. Anything more is somewhat complicated.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Happy to see the effort with the win. A step in the right direction.

GMBM will do what he feels is right to make the team win. The way he stated that suggests a pretty broad envelope of possibilities - but only if they make sense. So a lot of this is what trade counterparts are offering or willing to do.

Could mean a deal giving up mid-round picks/cast off prospects for a depth forward - or moving some roster pieces + for a top 4 D (say Kempny and or Jensen). Or maybe a hockey deal with a big piece (maybe Kuzy) if equal or better value comes back (I would think this would be something they wouldn't pursue, but only if they were surprised with a very good offer).

Could be an interesting 23 hours... I just hope we don't give up any of CCM, MF, AA, Proteus, or Leason for a rental.

I'm convinced GMBM will work this hard, but is also smart and we may see nothing big happen, if value isn't there. The Dillon add takes away any desperation factor.
McMichael, Reirdon, and a 1st to NYI for Trotz. NYI retains 50% of salary

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Don't see why the Leafs would do that. Jensen is basically a dump at this point

He fits what they need on paper and would be cheap for a top 4 D if he works with Rielly. Barrie is doing nothing for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->