GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread-Tomorrow at 3pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm really surprised BMac hasn't addressed taking face-offs? Caps are one of 5 worst teams in the NHL and obviously the worst playoff team to take face-offs.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Would think that would cost them the likes of Wahlstrom and Holmstrom, their first rounders from the last two drafts.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Damn.....made it all the way to 12:41 pm Eastern before I got my first website unavailable message.....

Maybe someday HF......maybe someday....lol...

(And an erroneous triple post swirl to end).....

Reactions: ovikovy817

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
With BUF adding Simmonds you'd have to think they're giving it a go to battle for the playoffs. Probably not happening but seems unlikely they'd be able to pry Ristolainen out of there.

Don't really see much left worth targeting aside from maybe doing Djoos a solid and getting Hershey some help. Maybe Glendening as an upgrade over Dowd with some salary retention? Probably not worth the futures needed unless they like Boyd or something.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Wondering about Marleau to PIT
Will he fit in with that style? I know he can skate still but Pens M.O. is forecheck/forecheck/forecheck/deny time+space/force turnovers; is he going to be able to grind it out? Always thought of him as finesse player

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Ladd + Bellows for Parise is another option. Parise's father, J.P. Parise played most of his career with the North Stars, but also played four seasons with the Isles in the mid 70s so there's that connection. Kieffer Bellows is from Edina, Mn. and is the son of Brian Bellows another former North Star as well as Capitals. So both would have connections with the teams they're going to.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Any way we can upgrade Jensen still? Would still like to see him moved in favor of a better defender.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I'm fine with what they did. Would have liked an upgrade on Jensen but the cost/cap would make that difficult.

In the end it really comes down to their top players performing better than they are currently (Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Carlson, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad