GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread-Tomorrow at 3pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
What on Earth are the Rangers doing? Extending Kredier at that number and then trading away a budding #1 defenseman for a 1st?

Carolina might be the favorite to come out of the East no . Credit to them for going for it today.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Skjei's not that good. Neither is Trouba, though. Really surprised Carolina didn't at least add one more goaltender.

Liked Vegas getting Lehner & Cousins and Philly's depth Fs Thompson & Grant. Not much changed otherwise. PIT's moves were a bit odd and a bit too overly focused on F depth.

Djoos to ANA for Sprong.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
What on Earth are the Rangers doing? Extending Kredier at that number and then trading away a budding #1 defenseman for a 1st?

Carolina might be the favorite to come out of the East no . Credit to them for going for it today.

I don't think Skjei is that good, but I'm not sure.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Sprong is a good pickup for Hershey?

Good for Djoos since Anaheim has openings on defense now after trades.

Edit: Sprong with 11 G, 16 A, 27 P in 39 Games with the Gulls this year

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Their fans are hating on Skjei. Big time. I dont think he's all that good, and certainly not worth a 1st, IMO.

Man...the Metro is LOADED.

Pens, Canes, Isles all loaded up. Flyers and Jackets are smartly saying "wait til next year". Caps....we will see

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I love AA to Edmonton. McDavid and AA on the same line... good lord that's a lot of speed and no defense and it's going to be awesome.

Grant to Philly is an underrated great move.

Not concerned with anything the Islanders or Carolina did.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Goodrow for a 1st? They must be terrified of the Bruins and Caps.

A few of these borderline teams are going to massively regret trading these picks.

Still wish the Caps had addressed defense.

Reactions: Portable Mink

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Carolina went crazy jeeeezus
...and forgot a goaltender. Strange. Mrazek will be back before too long but, uh, definitely would have thought one was needed.

I still like BOS/STL because defense but it's very wide open in both conferences. I expect BOS & COL to both do a bit more. I wonder if TBL isn't just fine in the Atlantic 2 spot over facing one of the Metro wild cards. That could end up doing a low-key win for them unless Toronto (or maybe Florida) heat up. Stupid format.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
A guy with a career high 8 goals pulled a 1st round pick. :laugh::laugh:

Tampa did too much. Carolina did too much as well but at least they did it out of need due to some serious injuries.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
...and forgot a goaltender. Strange. Mrazek will be back before too long but, uh, definitely would have thought one was needed.

I still like BOS/STL because defense but it's very wide open in both conferences. I expect BOS & COL to both do a bit more. I wonder if TBL isn't just fine in the Atlantic 2 spot over facing one of the Metro wild cards. That could end up doing a low-key win for them unless Toronto (or maybe Florida) heat up. Stupid format.

I don’t know Mrazek took a concussion in the playoff game vs the caps. And that big hit he just had looks like another.

That’s seems like a lot for a goalie

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
The Trocheck one is disturbing. That guy can flat out play... I watch him closely a lot and his TOI is down a lot this year under Q.
Even before the injury. I actually dont understand his season and how he ended up being traded.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad