GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread-Tomorrow at 3pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Green and his wife (whose whole family lives here in DC) bought a nice house recently in DC area.

I have a weird/odd suspicion Green is signing a very low/team friendly deal to come back to DC in offseason. He loved it here - and his wife wants to be here.

How much has Green already made in his career? 40+? If so, I see him coming back cheap in offseason. It’s end of his career... here he wants to be long-term, and where his wife wants to be.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Green and his wife (whose whole family lives here in DC) bought a nice house recently in DC area.

I have a weird/odd suspicion Green is signing a very low/team friendly deal to come back to DC in offseason. He loved it here - and his wife wants to be here.

How much has Green already made in his career? 40+? If so, I see him coming back cheap in offseason. It’s end of his career... here he wants to be long-term, and where his wife wants to be.

does anyone actually ever do this?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
What if Green is not bad but it is in fact the Red Wings of Detroit who are bad

You're joking, right?

Green is bad. He is super fragile and he has no defensive game. Yes playing on a terrible team but his shooting percentage is 4.1% and his offence is a shadow of what it used to be.
It's also worth pointing out that the Oilers want him for their PP unit because Klefbom is out injured. So it's something of a forced trade for them.

We don't need a guy who is more known for his offence than his defence. Green would cost us way more goals than he would help us to score.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Can't remember where I read it, but some reporter quoted a nameless NHL exec that said something to the effect of "You don't love your wife as much as the Ducks love Manson."

That very well may be true... but do they love him more than being 28th overall??

I wonder if GMBM has interest it may be a bit of a waiting game gamble... Wait long enough for ANA to be willing to make a deal and/or come down in price and/or other suitors make other deals and drop out of the competition (like Green now with EDM).

Or we could be done, or looking a different D or whatever....

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Bruh why on Earth would anyone want to trade their 1st for TJ Brodie? Stop it, please. The guy is left-handed by the way. What's the point? Alright, I'm joining the party. How about Carlson for Suter and a 1st? Since we apparently hate an actual right-handed defensemen.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
There is about $10 in cap space left. I think they are done.
Not so, Amigo.

caps are carrying 23 players now. Drop one of Boyd/Leipsic/Siegenthaler, and they have like 1.5m. Add to it any body going out in a deal, and they’d have around 2.2m or so. Before retention....so close to 4.5m if 50% (Hi, Kreider).

just sayin

Reactions: Blades of Steel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad