Rumor: NHL Trade Deadline - Feb 24 3pm/EST

Who is most likely to be traded?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Really agree with all those who are starting to think jack shit will happen.

"Yay, we traded Gus! Wow, what an exciting deadline!" says no Hawks fans...

With where this team is, we need to be legit sellers. Look at LA this season, as well as last. Look at Anaheim. Look at New Jersey. These are teams in similar situations as the Hawks, but all of them have already acted and gotten good value at the deadline. It's unacceptable to sit on our hands two seasons in a row at the deadline.

Edit: Holy shit, HF isn't censoring the word "shit" anymore. Neat.

Reactions: KWP

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
An organization that will miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight season, cannot just stand pat every single time a deadline rolls around. It's insane to me that so little is likely to end up happening here.

Bowman's got until 2pm tomorrow, but I'm preparing myself to go full BWC over the next week.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Atleast he's not just giving in...
So instead he gets nothing....

We have two goaltenders who are soon to be UFAs. Both guys want a starter position. Bowman needed to pick one and move the other while he can and while we're out of a the playoffs.

If Bowman doesn't move one of them, it's a failure on his part. This isn't a situation where we're better off keeping both over moving one for a meh return.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah, I have a feeling there won't be much done by tomorrow. Gustafsson probably will be moved...for what, a 3rd or 4th maybe?

I've tried to give Stan slack the last few years. There's an expected downturn after a run of success. But I need to start seeing something that gets me excited - other than getting lucky in the draft lottery. He needs to have a good next 24 hours.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
When you see multiple bottom pair dman go for 2nd rd picks he better be using that as a base...nobody is giving up a 1st for Gus and if thats his ask he deserves to get a 3rd or 4th in a last minute scramble deal...same with Lehner, the goal of these two deals should be to get a 2nd and 3rd round pick to wash out the Shaw trade...Carolina is probably bluffing when they say they'll roll with AHL goalies but its a clear signal to Stan to lower his ask

Reactions: KWP

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah, I have a feeling there won't be much done by tomorrow. Gustafsson probably will be moved...for what, a 3rd or 4th maybe?

I've tried to give Stan slack the last few years. There's an expected downturn after a run of success. But I need to start seeing something that gets me excited - other than getting lucky in the draft lottery. He needs to have a good next 24 hours.
This. I've been one of Bowman's most ardent defenders, but I can no longer defend him after this. Welcome to Bulls fandom, Hawks fans. Bowman's not going anywhere anytime soon, so brace yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad