Rumor: NHL Trade Deadline - Feb 24 3pm/EST

Who is most likely to be traded?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The top 3 are Gus, Lehner and Caggiula, IMO.

They should sell everything they can.

They should have done so after the Nashville sweep, honestly. This one-foot-in, one-foot-out shit never works.

You're either rebuilding or you're contending. If you're stuck in the middle, you have no identity, and no hope.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

They should have done so after the Nashville sweep, honestly. This one-foot-in, one-foot-out **** never works.

You're either rebuilding or you're contending. If you're stuck in the middle, you have no identity, and no hope.
fully agree with this. disagree on the sell everything after the nashville sweep i think they should have gone for it the next 2 years. then be in a full rebuild right now.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Gustafsson and Crawford for CAR 2nd 2020 (becomes 1st if Canes advance to 2nd round of the playoffs)
Lehner for 2nd and he comes back to us via FA
Explore what Saad could bring but no need to sell if the price ain't right.

I'd explore what Strome and Cat could get in summer. Meier and Tuch would be so good return but I don't think VGK or SJS touch that.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

They should have done so after the Nashville sweep, honestly. This one-foot-in, one-foot-out **** never works.

it did sort of work for Boston, I think that’s what Stan was going for. Following in Boston’s footsteps.

You could also argue Pittsburgh sort of did it. Pretty much everything changed around Crosby, Malkin, and Letang and it resulted in back-to-back Cups and multiple competitive seasons, including this one.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
fully agree with this. disagree on the sell everything after the nashville sweep i think they should have gone for it the next 2 years. then be in a full rebuild right now.

Agreed 100%. Knowing what we know now, they absolutely should have loaded up for Panarin’s last 2 seasons, let him walk, then rebuilt.

When they traded Panarin, I thought they were being proactive in trying to rebuild to compete while Kane, Toews and Keith still had some tread left. Now it is clear they didn’t intend to be this bad the last 3 seasons. And they haven’t been proactive in acquiring picks and prospects. They’re just stuck inbetween and may remain there for a long time.

They can do a big sell off now and start to reverse course. Hopefully it happens. Any of the players listed can go for picks/prospects IMO.

Reactions: KWP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Did they have enough ammo to do that? That is the thing I question.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
They need to be making trades that think beyond the trade deadline. This team is on the edge of going full rebuild mode.

Since the Nashville sweep management has repeatedly overestimated the quality of the team they thought they had. This has led to this mediocre, going no where product.

I question the management group is not able to do their job when they repeatedly over estimate the potential of the team they are assembling.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
They should trade Gus, Caggiula and one of the goalies.
I really like Caggiula, but.....with his concussion issues and the amount of players the Hawks have with chronic injuries, they can't afford to keep him around.

I'd move Saad if the price is right.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I honestly really have no clue what to expect, other than I'm not expecting us to buy.

Just gimme some young guns and draft picks, please.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
What good are trades with the present coaching staff? A complete overhaul of the coaching staff needs to happen first as the coaches in place now will just ruin the players coming in. Especially Colliton has to go and bring in a guy like Gallant or a seasoned coach that knows how to turn this team around. Next step would be getting rid of Bowman and hiring a new GM.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They should trade Gus, Caggiula and one of the goalies.
I really like Caggiula, but.....with his concussion issues and the amount of players the Hawks have with chronic injuries, they can't afford to keep him around.

I'd move Saad if the price is right.

I would trade Caggiula too, as much as I really like him. He’s the type of guy a contender will overpay for at the deadline. I also think he’s way easier to replace than a guy like Saad.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I expect if we see a trade by Feb 24 it had better be for draft picks or young players that the scouts like. I can't trust Stan to do his own evaluation. That's for sure.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I expect if we see a trade by Feb 24 it had better be for draft picks or young players that the scouts like. I can't trust Stan to do his own evaluation. That's for sure.

You're assuming pro scouts didn't like his acquisitions in the past...

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Young guys, good picks. If they can get anything like that, I'd offer anyone. They teased me too much into thinking they could do something. But I have little faith in the coach too so I'd want to clean house there too. They've had way too many uninspired outings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia