League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
She went to Penn State... how smart can she be, really? :sarcasm::naughty:

I'll just say I'm thankful for who we've had in the past and now Samantha and Tarik as the Caps' beat writers.
I like pretty much everyone who covered the Caps for the Post. Izzy, Alex, Katie - all professionals. CSN staff looks like a poor man's Post to me.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I see that Bouwmeester had a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted. I had a cardiac event similar to what Bouwmeester had and the same unit installed. That was the end of my racing career. I cant see how he can play hockey with that.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I like pretty much everyone who covered the Caps for the Post. Izzy, Alex, Katie - all professionals. CSN staff looks like a poor man's Post to me.

Its funny. Most of those Caps beat reporter women were very young and that assignment almost an entry level position. The editors at the Post are among the best in the business and can really teach the work.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Its funny. Most of those Caps beat reporter women were very young and that assignment almost an entry level position. The editors at the Post are among the best in the business and can really teach the work.
Who cares if it's an entry level position and they're young if they get the job done? I don't think the editors there doing their job for beat writers. Even if they play a really big part in the eventual look of an article there's also another factor that catches an eye and it is how writers handle their twitter accounts. The Post guys are ahead of their colleagues in that regard too.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Who cares if it's an entry level position and they're young if they get the job done? I don't think the editors there doing their job for beat writers. Even if they play a really big part in the eventual look of an article there's also another factor that catches an eye and it is how writers handle their twitter accounts. The Post guys are ahead of their colleagues in that regard too.
I don't think he was saying it as a bad thing. It's impressive that the The Post can continuously churn out beat writers that are the best in the business, for hockey at least. They're normally good for the Nats too, and I really like Candace for the Wizards, though the Caps stand out as being the clear class of the sports page. Never impressed with whoever is on the Redskins beat for The Post for whatever reason.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Its still a harsh thing to deal with. It means that something fairly significant is wrong with his heart and he will need further attention

of course it’s harsh, life sucks sometimes, but he’s got many reasons to be thankful, big picture.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he was saying it as a bad thing. It's impressive that the The Post can continuously churn out beat writers that are the best in the business, for hockey at least. They're normally good for the Nats too, and I really like Candace for the Wizards, though the Caps stand out as being the clear class of the sports page. Never impressed with whoever is on the Redskins beat for The Post for whatever reason.

do they churn them them out or do they also just get great talent (because they’re the Post) that’s easier to develop?

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah, my bad. I took it as the editors always have some kind of impact on the articles that makes the articles and writers whose name attached to them look better than they actually are.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
These uniforms in the Stadium Series are heinous. The uniforms moving forward should be a fan vote to determine which retro jersey they want their team to wear.

And the Naval Academy >>> Air Force Academy.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
These uniforms in the Stadium Series are heinous. The uniforms moving forward should be a fan vote to determine which retro jersey they want their team to wear.

And the Naval Academy >>> Air Force Academy.
I thought they looked bad when revealed but for some reason it’s all very visually aesthetically pleasing right now in action.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I see that Bouwmeester had a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted. I had a cardiac event similar to what Bouwmeester had and the same unit installed. That was the end of my racing career. I cant see how he can play hockey with that.

sad but I would think your right.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pens have an easy win today against the Wings but least the other Metro teams that matter are playing like poop lately just like our Capitals.

#glasshalffull

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
In every way possible. Even though I graduated from Navy and we went 4-0 vs Air Force during my time there I am not biased. (I am biased.)

Also, in this way.

Annapolis is very historic and fun to visit, but the Naval academy is like staying at a best western and the AF academy is like staying at a Hilton. Of course that is probably a good thing considering the difference in Navy bases and AF bases. Need to prepare the cadets for their future living arrangements.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Pens have an easy win today against the Wings but least the other Metro teams that matter are playing like poop lately just like our Capitals.

#glasshalffull
Pens with 1 pt of 1st with 1 game in hand. Not a good look for the Caps. Need to hold them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad