League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I noticed that former Caps D Scot Kleinendorste was killed in an accident in the paper plant he was working at.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Islanders top prospect Ilya Sorokin is apparently trying to force a trade from the Islanders. He's using KHL extension as a leverage to get that done. If he signs an extension then he's set to become UFA when he turns 27.

Damn, Islanders plan on him being their next starting goalie takes a big hit from this.

Jun 15, 2007
Islanders top prospect Ilya Sorokin is apparently trying to force a trade from the Islanders. He's using KHL extension as a leverage to get that done. If he signs an extension then he's set to become UFA when he turns 27.

Damn, Islanders plan on him being their next starting goalie takes a big hit from this.

I don't even get it. Greiss is UFA. Varlamov isn't signed long term and is easily moveable. Would think it would be the ideal situation for him to go to New York, backup a Russian veteran for a couple years then seize the reins himself.

Makes me think lower of his character then, if he demands to be given a starting spot.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't even get it. Greiss is UFA. Varlamov isn't signed long term and is easily moveable. Would think it would be the ideal situation for him to go to New York, backup a Russian veteran for a couple years then seize the reins himself.

Makes me think lower of his character then, if he demands to be given a starting spot.

I just don't think he wants to play there, and can't really blame him for that. He's 24 and still hasn't given any indication that he's close to moving there. He's won anything you can in the KHL and still he'd rather be there than the Islanders.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

He is 24 now it is time to poop or get off the pot as my mom would say. I also read on an Isles site that the won't make a decision until March, so there is time for the Isles management to work on him.

Maybe them signing Varlamov for four years pissed him off.

Reactions: Heath

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's not really that much different than a NCAA drafted player waiting out their eligibility and electing to become a free agent. Prospects are starting to wise up to the draft that they can have some leverage in where they play. Many people look for new jobs when their current job wants them to relocate to a city they don't want to be in.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
John Tonelli? The Islanders are going to retire Tonelli's number?

I'm not surprised, he was clutch guy and had some good moments for them in the playoffs. That Game 5 OT winner against the Pens being one along with of course "Tonelli to Nystrom" assist. As much as folks hate the Isles, they had a pretty unique team dynasty. Some of my first hockey memories.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Yep, it truly is sad. Makes us reflect about these guys when they leave the NHL and continue their post hockey career. I remember a truck driver who played in the minors from Minnesota who played with Bruce Driver. When you meet those guys they have all kinds of stories to tell and great conversations that will never be forgotten. My heart goes out to his family.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Rangers prospect Lias Andersson has put in a trade request apparently. 7th overall pick in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad