League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Toronto is the best team in the division, but they're probably only like ~55% favorites over Montreal, maybe like 60% favorites over Edmonton and Winnipeg?

So yeah, something like a 1/3 chance of advancing to the final four sounds about right. But that's not blowing it, that's just hockey.

Reactions: um

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ryan Reaves gets a pass. Geez
Yeah... DoPS. Totally unbiased.
giphy.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Even in a tailor made divisional format I'm betting on the Leafs somehow blowing it. Shame the Oilers couldn't do more than Kulikov.
Think Winnipeg will be the team to comes out of that division. The one team in that division that kinda looks constructed for the playoffs

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Canadian division is easily (and I really really really mean EASILY) the weakest of the 4. It’s not even close.

I’m not sure any teams — outside maybe Toronto — make it to the playoffs over the top 4 in the East.

Toronto would make it in the West, but no better than 3rd or 4th.

Toronto would make it in the Central, but no better than 4th.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The Canadian division is easily (and I really really really mean EASILY) the weakest of the 4. It’s not even close.

I’m not sure any teams — outside maybe Toronto — make it to the playoffs over the top 4 in the East.

Toronto would make it in the West, but no better than 3rd or 4th.

Toronto would make it in the Central, but no better than 4th.
They have one of the seven that won’t even play the entire season. So now your down to 4/6 making the playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ryan Reaves avoids suspension for hit on Arizona’s Jordan Gross

View attachment 422683

Clear double standard.

View attachment 422684

The play also resulted in an injury.

Is this the kind of hit the DOPS wants in the game? But Tom Wilson's hits are suspension-worthy for some reason.

Absolute bullshit.

I think the league was pretty candid. They wont allow Tom Wilson to cause injury any longer. If he makes contact that results in injury, he will be suspended. Even if totally legal and by the book. They just refer to the totality of the circumstances. Otherwise known as the Tom Wilson rule

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Reactions: Calicaps and g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad