League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I’ve had SlingTv for 5 years now with no complaints. Love the mix and match packages on a month to month basis. Pretty pissed that regional sports networks are getting pulled off of Sling. I’m wondering if NBC ends up being the second TV contract and they end up putting a lot of the sports, regional included, on Peacock over other streaming services.

Did you ever figure out what you are going to do hbx?

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Did you ever figure out what you are going to do hbx?

[mod]
I did a bunch of research and couldn’t really come up with an answer. There’s no individual access to regional sports networks that I could find. I personally don’t want to pay $65 a month for YoutubeTv and only really watch Caps games. The wife and I don’t watch a lot of actual tv.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I did a bunch of research and couldn’t really come up with an answer. There’s no individual access to regional sports networks that I could find. I personally don’t want to pay $65 a month for YoutubeTv and only really watch Caps games. The wife and I don’t watch a lot of actual tv.

Yeah, I just tried looking. To use the NBCSN Washington streaming services, the only way its possible is through the obvious cable providers but the only streaming options is the YouTube, Fubu, Hulu regulars.

Sling was the only option that was priced at $35 a month, while the others are all at the very least double that cost at around $65 a month. And it says Sling will be dropping it at April 1 this year...

Edit:

Wait, the T-Mobile service is offering a package for $40 a month..

Online TV Service - More Than Just Live TV | TVision by T-Mobile

That's only slightly more than the Sling package at $35.

Screenshot (24).png

And NBCSN will seemingly work with TVision by T-Mobile:

Screenshot (25).png

Last edited:

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Yeah, I just tried looking. To use the NBCSN Washington streaming services, the only way its possible is through the obvious cable providers but the only streaming options is the YouTube, Fubu, Hulu regulars.

Sling was the only option that was priced at $35 a month, while the others are all at the very least double that cost at around $65 a month. And it says Sling will be dropping it at April 1 this year...

Edit:

Wait, the T-Mobile service is offering a package for $40 a month..

Online TV Service - More Than Just Live TV | TVision by T-Mobile

That's only slightly more than the Sling package at $35.

View attachment 406137

And NBCSN will seemingly work with TVision by T-Mobile:

View attachment 406138

Ah wait. The regional NBCSN stations are on the $50 a month package, not the $40. The $40 package only has the national NBCSN. But its still at least cheaper than the other $65 a month options. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ah wait. The regional NBCSN Washington station is on the $50 a month package, not the $40. But still at least cheaper than the other $65 a month options. Sorry.
Appreciate the research!

I think we might wait it out a bit and see what happens. NBC seems to constantly be adding/expanding their Peacock services and if ESPN+ gets a local streaming option I’d definitely upgrade our Disney+ subscription to include Hulu and ESPN+. That’s just a deal you can’t really beat for only $13 a month.

Reactions: tenken00

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Did not realize how staggeringly bad Ottawa is defensively. They have allowed 121 goals against and have a -42 goal differential. No other team has allowed over 100 -- though Vancouver is sure to break that barrier whenever they play next since they sit at 99 -- and only five teams have allowed over 90. Their -42 goal differential is 10 goals worse than the next worst team. Woof.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Did not realize how staggeringly bad Ottawa is defensively. They have allowed 121 goals against and have a -42 goal differential. No other team has allowed over 100 -- though Vancouver is sure to break that barrier whenever they play next since they sit at 99 -- and only five teams have allowed over 90. Their -42 goal differential is 10 goals worse than the next worst team. Woof.
This is part of why I don’t much care about the individual star awards this season. It doesn’t feel like an equal playing field. In my mind, you almost need to recognize the leaders for each “league”, as they lack of crossover games dilutes it a lot. You don’t compare a WHL player to an OHL player to College, etc etc etc. I know that’s not exactly apples to oranges, but you get my drift. The Canadian division is truly worse than the other 3, with some really bad defenses.

I do care that Caps players get their own talkies for career statistics, but chasing the Canadian teams offensive guys just isn’t logical. There is a reason 5 of the top 6 scorers are in Canadian teams.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
First Canadian division representative have to lose in playoffs convincingly. Then you can maybe talk about their weaknesses.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I'd also take being forever 25 as I was back when the cup happened. But yeah. I'm 3 years older now and life is moving on. Hockey reality included.

I don’t think you really want to compare the capable Wild organization to the Capitals. The Wild continue to be a non-contender 20 years into their existence. Congrats on a late pick that turned out and enjoy being a mediocre non-contender.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don’t think you really want to compare the capable Wild organization to the Capitals. The Wild continue to be a non-contender 20 years into their existence. Congrats on a late pick that turned out and enjoy being a mediocre non-contender.
The cup and being capable of drafting well late in the draft are not mutually exclusive things. In fact sometimes they are actually interdependent.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kaprizov is single handedly putting state of Minnesota on hockey map once again. Wish the Caps were capable enough to draft at least one such guy that late..

How often would you expect that? To get a star player that late is pretty rare. Right? The Caps drafted Peter Bondra at 156 and Bondra made the team out of that training camp. kaprizov was drafted 5 seasons ago.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->