League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Saying you're okay with Pierre Mcguire might be your hottest take yet.
I feel like I've been on a record many times here saying Pierre is the least unlikeable personality out of the whole NBC staff. Notice I'm not saying he's not weird or awkward. But at least he's a recognizable face and voice, says a lot of weird but actually funny stuff and he's a student of the game. These nobodies working alongside him have nothing on him as far as personality goes. It's the same as hating on Stephen A Smith or Charles Barkley. They are not more right or wrong than any other pundit on TV but you actually care to listen what they have to say. Even if you know it's a bunch of bullshit they know how to deliver that to make you care to comment on that. When a guy makes a name for himself as a hater and a bootlicker or comes across as more of a wannabe rather than an actual expert that's what turns people off and they don't care about those guys.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I feel like I've been on a record many times here saying Pierre is the least unlikeable personality out of the whole NBC staff. Notice I'm not saying he's not weird or awkward. But at least he's a recognizable face and voice, says a lot of weird but actually funny stuff and he's a student of the game. These nobodies working alongside him have nothing on him as far as personality goes. It's the same as hating on Stephen A Smith or Charles Barkley. They are not more right or wrong than any other pundit on TV but you actually care to listen what they have to say. Even if you know it's a bunch of bullshit they know how to deliver that to make you care to comment on that. When a guy makes a name for himself as a hater and a bootlicker or comes across as more of a wannabe rather than an actual expert that's what turns people off and they don't care about those guys.

nope1.gif

Sep 19, 2008
Caps fans hate NBC but other than Pierre they were alright with me. I remember seeing Edzo during the SC Finals and was about to approach him to talk to him about horse racing but decided against it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Jack Edwards is funny but he’s probably not as funny if he were calling a game as a neutral PBP guy instead of as a Boston homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad