League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m just surprised they didn’t incorporate green into the color scheme. Green has always been a color used in branding for all their teams (Sonics, Seahawks, Sounders). There’s also not a lot of green in the NHL color schemes besides Dallas and Minnesota. Guess they just wanted to stand out a bit with their personal branding in the city

would be close to Vancouver colors then....

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just noticed the inside dark space of the S is a tentacle. Nice.

The green/monster thing will probably happen eventually.

the Kracken is typically black in movies I think.....green seems meh...red eye on the black body would pop.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

It'll probably be fine but carrying three players short seems pointlessly foolish, as does considering this just a normal playoff run. Not sure why a team with deep run aspirations would skimp on players brought to the bubble, esp. given that Stamkos is a question mark. You never know what might happen. COVID aside, might the layoff result in more groin injuries and the like? Players have generally stayed in shape but, again, you never know. Strange thinking.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Chayka “quits” on Coyotes?

Now?

he had a better job opportunity and the owners said “no”, and he quits anyway.

that seems the Owners slant.

Kids 29 to 30? Wow. We will see what happened here

lol they are not happy....

Chayka quits as Coyotes general manager, replaced by Sullivan

"The club is disappointed in his actions and his timing as the Coyotes prepare to enter the NHL's hub city of Edmonton, where the team will begin postseason play for the first time since 2012," the Coyotes said in a statement. "Chayka has chosen to quit on a strong and competitive team, a dedicated staff and the Arizona Coyotes fans, the greatest fans in the NHL.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm still in disbelief that they named the team Kraken. :amazed:
But if they keep everything else dark and non-cartoony it might actually work. My suggestion for mascot...

d1f905416c39078aceb787303f18b4385cddaf8dr1-300-372v2_00.jpg

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
lol they are not happy....

Chayka quits as Coyotes general manager, replaced by Sullivan

"The club is disappointed in his actions and his timing as the Coyotes prepare to enter the NHL's hub city of Edmonton, where the team will begin postseason play for the first time since 2012," the Coyotes said in a statement. "Chayka has chosen to quit on a strong and competitive team, a dedicated staff and the Arizona Coyotes fans, the greatest fans in the NHL.
One of the bitterest PR statements I think I've ever read. Wow.

Anyone know what the story is from his side?

Read people saying they think ownership pushed the Kessel/Hall trades and that he wasn't on board/calling the shots for them.

Sounds like this could make everyone involved look kinda bad

Jun 15, 2007
One of the bitterest PR statements I think I've ever read. Wow.

Anyone know what the story is from his side?

Read people saying they think ownership pushed the Kessel/Hall trades and that he wasn't on board/calling the shots for them.

Sounds like this could make everyone involved look kinda bad
Coyotes owner to ask Bettman to adjudicate split with Chayka - Sportsnet.ca

Basically it seems like Pegula offered Chayka a job running all of his sports teams, including the Bills. Chayka promised the Coyotes owner that he wasn't taking another hockey job. But the Coyotes owner is arguing that he is.

Assuming this is all true, I understand why Chayka would want the job. Massive increase in pay. But the Coyotes are right to be pissed.

Reactions: searle

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Wonder how a player like Ovi who feeds off the energy of the building is going to fare here.

Was that fake fan noise after the goal?

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
I'm absolutely against this piped-in noise.

1) The sounds of hockey are right up there with the crack of a bat crushing a 'tater, and two combatants battling it out in front of a silent crowd on the grass court, as the best sounds in all of sports (honorable mention horseracing and F1). More of that please. Just add the extra six seconds of tape delay to bleep out all the cursing.

2) No one can live-mix the artificial reaction of a crowd during a playoff hockey game. Unlike the many seconds it takes to develop say, a dramatic field goal kick, or the roar of approval after a 37' putt, hockey hits, goals, etc happen in the blink of an eye. It's gonna be like watching a half-empty stadium of new hockey fans try to figure out what hybrid icing means. Lots of half-energy.

3) We all love players being mic'd up; with such a small area and so many passionate men it's an insiders dream. Hearing players and coaches yell for line changes, chirp at the refs, encourage their teammates and celebrate goals is way cool.

This is of course disregarding the effect on the players, but from a tv fan's perspective the extra space to set up cool cameras and hear all the cool interactions seem awesome for a small series of games.

Reactions: Marshall

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The McDavid carnage is about to begin.

Real curious how the neutral site dynamics plays out. You'd think it may help a team like Tampa Bay that has a bit of a mental hurdle to overcome and no home fans to potentially turn on them. Road records have been pointed out as perhaps indicative of who may be suited to prevail: Colorado, Washington, Boston & Tampa Bay were the league's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce