League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
God the Sabres suck, this East division is going to be tight. One of the Caps, Flyers, Isles, Pens and Bruins aren’t going to make it

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
God the Sabres suck, this East division is going to be tight. One of the Caps, Flyers, Isles, Pens and Bruins aren’t going to make it
Lot of divisions like that. That is what is kinda cool about this season. Whole thing is like the playoffs playing the same teams, building annomosity, and everyone is fighting for a spot. I dig it!

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Just realized the Rangers currently have 31.5 million in buried or dead cap rofl. That's on top of paying Jack Johnson and Brendan Smith a combined 5.5 million to be an on ice cautionary tale for the rest of the team. They're icing the lowest paid team in the NHL by probably tens of millions of dollars :laugh: .

For all the accolades their rebuild gets at least back in the day that 30 million would actually see the ice even if it was in the form of Scott Gomez or Bobby Holik.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Lol can’t make it up, I knew he would eat his words from that intermission interview after the Willy hit. Did not think it would come in literally the next game. This beautiful game

The Rat also knocked Dillon from behind on that tap in goal the last time the 2 teams played. Less violent but same spot, and put Dillon out of position which is why Marchand was wide open.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

Lol can’t make it up, I knew he would eat his words from that intermission interview after the Willy hit. Did not think it would come in literally the next game. This beautiful game

in all honesty, that’s nothing. I have no love lost for that little turd, believe me, but he - and others - have done way worse.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I have said before and still believe that Marchand is bad for the game. He's a terrific player, and I don't even care about cross checks or whatever, but he's a sniveling rat with no integrity in his game. He makes hockey seem creepy and gross. I know it's Boston where people actually know hockey, but I have to think casual fans watching a lot of his antics would be really turned off.

Last edited:

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
in all honesty, that’s nothing. I have no love lost for that little turd, believe me, but he - and others - have done way worse.
I’d agree, still a cheap play though and I only bring it up because just two days earlier he was talking about cheap shots and Wilson taking liberties on players. And then he does shit like this pretty regularly.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I know there are those who don't like plus minus, but....

Joel Edmundson of Montreal is a +22 in 24 games played. That's pretty damn impressive.
Draisatl next with +17 in 27 games.
Chara is a +12 in 24 games - that is better than I expected and a good sign.

Quinn Hughes is -15 in 29 games.
Brent Burns -16 in 23 games.
Trying to avoid naming Buffalo players. 5 of the worst 10 in the league.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I know there are those who don't like plus minus, but....

Joel Edmundson of Montreal is a +22 in 24 games played. That's pretty damn impressive.
Draisatl next with +17 in 27 games.
Chara is a +12 in 24 games - that is better than I expected and a good sign.

Quinn Hughes is -15 in 29 games.
Brent Burns -16 in 23 games.
Trying to avoid naming Buffalo players. 5 of the worst 10 in the league.
players on good teams have good +/- and players on bad teams have bad +/-

We all remember the +/- master Mr. Jeff Schultz himself

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Woah

Significant murmurs surfaced Tuesday that the NHL has sewn up one-half of its new U.S. media rights package.
ESPN is believed to have reached a seven-year deal to become one of the league's media partners starting next season, according to multiple league and industry sources.
There was no confirmation from the NHL on an agreement that is expected to see ESPN get the rights to broadcast four Stanley Cup Finals between 2022 and 2028, plus streaming rights for Disney.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad