League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Will you be able to DVR it though? I have no idea how that works. I use DTV for almost everything, save when the kids want to use NetFlix or YouTube

I don't know how it is with ESPN+, but with my NHL.tv streaming subscription, I can pick and choose any game of the season prior today and watch from start to finish. So there is no need to DVR anything, its already all done for you.

Except (and a big exception) for blacked out games like the local Caps, which are only able to stream previously held games after 2 days from the initial broadcast. And I think that goes for any national broadcasts games on NBC or NBCSN as well.

I am not sure how ESPN+ will handle local blackouts.

It hasn't bothered me too much before because I'm the dumbass that pays for both cable and online subscriptions, but yeah it's expensive.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

It hasn't bothered me too much before because I'm the dumbass that pays for both cable and online subscriptions, but yeah it's expensive.

My guess is they will handle local blackouts the same way, you have to watch them on your local channel.

And you and me both when it comes to subscribing to cable (youtube.tv) and streaming services galore. Its a crime racket I tell ya!

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
My guess is they will handle local blackouts the same way, you have to watch them on your local channel.

And you and me both when it comes to subscribing to cable (youtube.tv) and streaming services galore. Its a crime racket I tell ya!

Ohhh hoho. YouTube.tv is like the rich man's cord cutter :laugh:

Might as well come back to cable lol.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’ve had SlingTv for 5 years now with no complaints. Love the mix and match packages on a month to month basis. Pretty pissed that regional sports networks are getting pulled off of Sling. I’m wondering if NBC ends up being the second TV contract and they end up putting a lot of the sports, regional included, on Peacock over other streaming services.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I don't know how it is with ESPN+, but with my NHL.tv streaming subscription, I can pick and choose any game of the season prior today and watch from start to finish. So there is no need to DVR anything, its already all done for you.

Except (and a big exception) for blacked out games like the local Caps, which are only able to stream previously held games after 2 days from the initial broadcast. And I think that goes for any national broadcasts games on NBC or NBCSN as well.

This

The app stores everything so you don't have the need to DVR. Currently the NHL.tv app allows you to even "hide scores" which allows you to hide the scores and jump in at any point after the game started. For example I'm constantly getting home around 745 - 800 due to my sons baseball practice. I sit down and am able to watch the games and fast forward through any commercial breaks/intermissions and usually catch up live sometime in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad