League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
as long as it’s not flaunted (talked about at a tactic), I think they have a hard time penalizing us for signing him in any valid off-season window.

Sure, again its low risk. But for what gain? So we can protect Panik? I think most of this board would go full Peter North if the Krak took Panik or Hags off our hands.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
is 4F 4D 1G the other option?

I believe its 8 skaters of any position, or 7F+ 3D.

Looking back at the Vegas ED, it was about 2/3 of the teams protecting 7+3 and 1/3 of the teams doing 8 (all were 4+4). The Isles actually protected 3F and 5D, and one of the F was Tavares LOL.

Also, the Caps did NOT protect TJ Oshie, but DID protect Burky and MoJo.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
4D Carly JS Dillon Orlov
4F Backy Kuz Wilson Vrana

UFA Ovie

Expose Oshie

Just an idea, I want to keep Oshie but some here people want him gone.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Wait, really? He’s been real solid. He’s better than I thought he’d be.
Part of it is just replay-itis I guess, he's had bad moments chasing in games I happen to catch.

I guess maybe he's effective but when I watch how he does it he spends more time chasing than I'd like in a way that makes me nervous, is late to do it at times, and co-chairs with Chara on the chip out committee.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wasn't Oshie only left unprotected then because he was a UFA and they had an "understanding"?
Yes. So exactly what some of us have argued they should do with Ovie.

EDIT: and if they did, here's the list:
Nick
Kuz/Oshie
Willy
Vrana

Orlov
Dillon
Schultz
Carlson

Goalie TBD

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yes. So exactly what some of us have argued they should do with Ovie.

EDIT: and if they did, here's the list:
Nick
Kuz/Oshie
Willy
Vrana

Orlov
Dillon
Schultz
Carlson

Goalie TBD
If doing this you could trade or expose Vrana if we know we are not going to give him a extension which will def big a higher contract then Oshie.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Have you ever been inside a media shit storm? Its breathtaking. You cant think. Now, it might be that COVID takes the air out of that pressure because the media may not yet be there and in your face ALL THE TIME.

My heart bleeds. These people are multi-millionaires. The owner is what, a billionaire? Boo hoo I'm sure they'll cope. And if not, they can buy themselves another Ferrari or something to help get over it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My heart bleeds. These people are multi-millionaires. The owner is what, a billionaire? Boo hoo I'm sure they'll cope. And if not, they can buy themselves another Ferrari or something to help get over it.

What is your point? You are saying that these guys are rich and so they can concentrate better than you can in the center of a shit storm? Its like you are saying that when people are up in your face constantly harrassing you that because you are rich, you won't notice it. Thats silly. As we have seen it doesnt take a big distraction to pull a little focus and it doesnt take much of a loss of focus to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad