League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
The Covid Cup Champions. Whoop de doo.

There'll always be an asterisk by this one.

Let the trade wars begin. Who are we getting rid of Ovi? Kuzi? Backi? All 3?

Which one of you unemployed internet GMs are going to pull off the coup of the century?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yawn. Didn't want to see these Bolts win, but mostly just boring. I think this and the shortened season are the only 2 Cups with an asterisk. If you win but play less hockey than the other modern era champs, it's just not as big an achievement. But whatever. Such a weird year.

Next.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Yawn. Didn't want to see these Bolts win, but mostly just boring. I think this and the shortened season are the only 2 Cups with an asterisk. If you win but play less hockey than the other modern era champs, it's just not as big an achievement. But whatever. Such a weird year.

Next.

To be honest if there was a 1 team to name that would benefit the most from the Playoffs being played behind closed doors it would have been Tampa. They had a reputation of crumbling under pressure.

Either way congratulations for them. Glad this season is finally over and hope we can get closer to normal before the next Playoffs begin.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
To be honest if there was a 1 team to name that would benefit the most from the Playoffs being played behind closed doors it would have been Tampa. They had a reputation of crumbling under pressure.

Either way congratulations for them. Glad this season is finally over and hope we can get closer to normal before the next Playoffs begin.

Until there is a vaccine there is no such thing as normal. Either that or herd immunity.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
What’s with all the complaining on here? Do you guys hate hockey if the Caps aren’t playing?

For some us we like real hockey with fans and the atmosphere. Good on the Bolts, but some of us feel the season should've been cancelled. I don't see it as whining, I see it as people's opinions which a lot seem to agree on. At least the NYI didn't win the SC, so I guess it's alright. Honestly, I stopped watching about mid playoffs. Total snoozefest. At least there wont' be anymore bubble hockey.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Really glad the Capitals didn't win their first cup in this weird sham season. Would have felt awful if this is how they broke the curse. Similar feelings (to a lesser extent) for St. Louis.

Pens fans and others would constantly remind us too if the Caps had.

Reactions: Hivemind

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I really don't get the complaining. That was an incredible logistical accomplishment and both Tampa and Dallas were away from their families for more than two months so we could finish the season and award a champion. I am grateful that the NHL and NHLPA figured out how to pull this off and give us a sense of normalcy during a spectacularly shitty year. Was it different? Yeah, of course. Was I as interested in this year's run as I normally am? No. But it's still the hardest trophy to win and there's no asterisk next to this Cup.

That said, I am very glad the Caps didn't win their first Cup this year. Watching the Stanley Cup presentation last night brought back a flood of memories and it wouldn't have been the same if they won it this year.

GOAT

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Good for Halpy!
Disappointed there weren't any live shots of crowds in Tampa shown in the arena as the Bolts were passing the Cup around. Would've made the event seem a bit more real. [Definitely not supportive of wacko FL gov's approach to covid, but assume there were Bolts fans gathered at various public locations.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad