League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarias2311

Feb 2, 2020
What is Lafs comparison? Is he a better prospect coming in than Hughes was last year? I remember last year they made a huge fuss over him

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If this was a normal year, the Rangers would have been in the lottery anyway since they would have missed the playoffs (I think that's how it works, brain isn't working at the moment). I'm ok with the Rangers winning it, though I would have preferred one of the bottom seven teams to get it.

Reactions: Heath and Calicaps

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Hockeyprospect.com's black book rankings for him (they grade 1-9):

Hockey Sense - 9
Compete - 8
Skill - 9
Skating - 6
Misc- 8

That poor skating/speed rating would have me concerned.

Reactions: Calicaps

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I just don’t understand how a company that require the level of logistics needed to carry out a NHL season came up with this playoff system. Then tops off the steaming shit pile with this draft system.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I just don’t understand how a company that require the level of logistics needed to carry out a NHL season came up with this playoff system. Then tops off the steaming shit pile with this draft system.
I’ve been able to watch 10+ hours of hockey with stakes on multiple days when there’s been nothing on TV, zero positive covid tests, the first round matchups are incredible, and they just put the top prospect on the most valuable team. I’m pretty sure they killed it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’ve been able to watch 10+ hours of hockey with stakes on multiple days when there’s been nothing on TV, zero positive covid tests, the first round matchups are incredible, and they just put the top prospect on the most valuable team. I’m pretty sure they killed it.
They've knocked it out of the park. If one of the seven non-playoff teams won the lottery it would have been perfection but they absolutely deserve a ton of credit for being able to pull this off (knock on lots of wood).

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Pens fans are really ungrateful. Lost the count of how many years they've been calling for trading Malkin and Letang. You can crap on Letang all you want, that doesn't change a simple fact that without him that defense goes from average to atrocious. The guy has been one of the main contributors to their biggest wins in the cap era. Malkin...you can argue he was better in their championship years than Crosby. And whatever happens they never voice the displeasure with Crosby's postseason performances especially in the biggest moments and latter parts of a playoff. The guy was a no show in detroit final 2009, terrible 2014 playoffs, 0 points against boston in ECF the year before, robbed Kessel, Letang and Murray from getting a deserved conn smythe in 2016...and never got legit cricized and thrown under the bus.

Reactions: Heath

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Wonder if there could be a trade in the works Ottawa # 3 and #5 for the NY Rangers #1.
Depending on how much Ottawa would be willing to pay this could work.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Those Penguins comments make zero sense. Says he doesn't want to trade the core of the team and wants to get younger. Most of Pittsburgh's "older" crowd are either not very good or have atrocious contracts. Moving them would be pretty difficult IMO. Combine that with a limited number of draft picks in the upcoming draft and they could be in trouble quick.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

He's not wrong but, still, pretty hilarious.

Even if true, what a shithead comment. Schultz stepped up as the 1RD when Letang went down and helped them win two Cups. It's not his fault JR signed a 31-year old replacement-level player with no business still being in the NHL to a 5-year boat anchor contract and then saddled him with said boat anchor player as his defensive partner. Can't wait to see the terrible, knee-jerk reaction moves that JR pulls out of his hat this time!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

They had to make all the owners happy and the NHLPA. Thats a lot of people.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Those Penguins comments make zero sense. Says he doesn't want to trade the core of the team and wants to get younger. Most of Pittsburgh's "older" crowd are either not very good or have atrocious contracts. Moving them would be pretty difficult IMO. Combine that with a limited number of draft picks in the upcoming draft and they could be in trouble quick.
Yeah. I don't know how much trade value Hornqvist has, for instance. They'd also miss some of the net front elements he brings (mostly on the PP these days). They'll move Murray I guess but hard to say what his value is either. Bjugstad could go but that's a salary dump, if anything. Maybe they re-invest that money and Schultz's toward more of a two-way D presence. That'll help but the meek G5 play from 87/71 makes you wonder if just tweaking or shuffling the blueline is enough.

Sullivan might be on the way out but there seems to be a bit of a disconnect. They signed Tanev only to play him on their fourth line in the playoffs. For what they were missing that was perplexing.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

2017WashingtonCaps

Apr 17, 2017
Hey, anybody know what the alternate channel is for Stars and Flames with lightning and bj in OT.
I don’t care about the game, just planning in case we’re in the same situation with Caps. I rely on NBCSN outside the DC area. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad