League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
IIRC Tennessee also doesn't have a state income tax, which may be a factor for him choosing Nashville over NYI or any of the Canadian teams.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If I'm Hall I'm looking at teams that are going to let me ride shotgun with a top line pivot, or a very high end second line center, especially if I'm taking a short term deal. Would have little interest in playing in Nashville with either Johansen or Duchene, both of whom are pretty underwhelming to me.

Colorado, Montreal, New York Islanders, even Edmonton makes sense.
Umm yeah no, Duchene and Johansen are a better combo than any of these two teams have. Nelson's season is a fluke.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Umm yeah no, Duchene and Johansen are a better combo than any of these two teams have. Nelson's season is a fluke.
Duchene is one of the most overrated players in the game. There's a reason he's played on four teams in three years and has been traded away from two of those teams, and why his name was rumored as being shopped by Poile just a year after he signed a long-term deal with Nashville.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Duchene is one of the most overrated players in the game. There's a reason he's played on four teams in three years and has been traded away from two of those teams, and why his name was rumored as being shopped by Poile just a year after he signed a long-term deal with Nashville.
I think it's more of him just slowly sliding until he eventually hits a plateau of mediocrity and resides there until his playing days end. That being said, the guy has an elilte level skill set and speed. Always had. There're some obvious mental problems that caused him to fall from making Canadian olympic team which is an accomplishment by itself to where he is right now. But it might just take a one right teammate. right acquisition that would be a perfect fit for him and he'll shine again. Isles and Habs are a whole lot of mediocrity. Player like Hall shouldn't fancy squads like these.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jun 15, 2007
I thought the Duchene signing was really good but in retrospect when someone signs somewhere for a non-hockey reason (to establish a country music singing side gig LOL) that should be a red flag that this player is not motivated to play hockey.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jun 15, 2007
Schneider bought out.

Mcphee was overly cautious but one good thing about him is he never signed any real big albatrosses. Our only signifcant buyout since 2005 is Jeff Schultz right? And that wasn't even that bad.

Reactions: Hivemind

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
I think it's more of him just slowly sliding until he eventually hits a plateau of mediocrity and resides there until his playing days end. That being said, the guy has an elilte level skill set and speed. Always had. There're some obvious mental problems that caused him to fall from making Canadian olympic team which is an accomplishment by itself to where he is right now. But it might just take a one right teammate. right acquisition that would be a perfect fit for him and he'll shine again. Isles and Habs are a whole lot of mediocrity. Player like Hall shouldn't fancy squads like these.

100% most over paid over rated player in the league

Duchene is a passenger on his own line, and as a center that is never a good thing. He is average in the d-zone, and needs another high end skill to work off of to be effective. His two best season were 67 and 70 points and that was a decade ago.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
100% most over paid over rated player in the league

Duchene is a passenger on his own line, and as a center that is never a good thing. He is average in the d-zone, and needs another high end skill to work off of to be effective. His two best season were 67 and 70 points and that was a decade ago.
The guy literally had a 70 pt season a year ago but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->