League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Boy the scheduling does not favor Tampa at all -- tough series against the Isles, back to back OT games, and now they have to face then Stars on Saturday. Dallas could jump out to a quick start here.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
When it reaches the finals and I don't have a team I particularly care about, I look at the rosters to see which players I'd like to win a Cup.

Dallas: Khudobin, Cogliano, Polak (if he qualifies),
Tampa: Stamkos (even though he hasn't played), Braydon Coburn, McDonagh, Shattenkirk.

With some of these guys it's not so much star quality, more that it's nice to see veteran players realise their dream of winning a Cup.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I think its lose-lose for us:

Dallas -- if you were born in Washington, its in your DNA to hate anything out of Dallas.

Tampa -- it was insulting enough to see an expansion team win a Cup before us; it will be worse
if they end up getting more Cups than us.

Silver lining: one of these teams has to lose (and being the SC runner-up is as heartbreaking as it gets).

Reactions: Calicaps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Gotta root for the underdog. Go Stars! Also personally rooting for John Stevens after meeting him and his youngest son at a Bears game last year. Great family

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Don't give a damn about these two teams. Neither did I about last year's finalists. Two years in a row we get a borefest for the gold.

Disagree regarding last year. The Blues were a great story and a fun team to watch. Their fans have also suffered as much as we had. It also went 7 so it was much more in doubt than say our 5 game series was.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Disagree regarding last year. The Blues were a great story and a fun team to watch. Their fans have also suffered as much as we had. It also went 7 so it was much more in doubt than say our 5 game series was.
I have never been so grateful for a decisive outcome as I was for the Caps-Knights series. I'd have had a coronary had it ever really been in doubt.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Idk it just must be my indifference to STL as a team in general. And B's are just a boring team personality wise. I'm sure they starting to feel the same way and now tryna check the market to see if there's a chance to snatch some real gamers to make themselves watchable again. No real big names, not enough real offensive talent, just a bunch of blue collar type of players they have. I don't know, this year I was really excited to see a potential Nucks Avs series or the storyline of Torts and Cbus being completely wrote off before the season and then giving fits to everyone but this series just has nothing hype worthy about them.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Boy the scheduling does not favor Tampa at all -- tough series against the Isles, back to back OT games, and now they have to face then Stars on Saturday. Dallas could jump out to a quick start here.
Dallas will certainly try to intimidate Bolts at start. Let's see if Bolts learned something from Caps series.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have never been so grateful for a decisive outcome as I was for the Caps-Knights series. I'd have had a coronary had it ever really been in doubt.

So, so thankful they closed it out in five. Also there was no chance I was going back downtown for Games 6 and 7, if they had them. The place was a zoo and so packed you could barely move... have never gotten claustrophobic outside before but I damn near did trying to squeeze through the crowds to find my brother.

Reactions: Calicaps

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I hate the Eagles more than the Cowboys so I don’t really care about another team from Dallas winning. I’d like to see Pavelski get a cup also, let’s go Stars.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I’m also pleased to see Barry and the isles lose, as f***ed up as that sounds. The “should have paid Trotz, thanks Caps fans” from islanders fans and the whole argument was just getting tiresome.

Not sure why them losing last night makes a difference. The argument is still there. Isles still made it further in the playoffs than the Caps the last 2 years. They also turned into a completely different and better team since Trotz joined 2 years ago. There is really no denying that Trotz made the Isles a much better team. It cant always be cup or bust

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Tampa has the better goalie, the best defender in Hedman and probably the best 2 scorers in Point and Kuch

Point has been the best player in the bubble. Having a 2018 Kuzy like playoffs

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Have disliked the teams remaining the playoffs for a while. Tampa is definitely the more talented team, and given their success over a sustained period, is probably the more "worthy" of being a Cup champ. Plus I hate Perry. Only player on Dallas I particularly enjoy is Heiskanen. Kid is gonna be a star. I guess it would be neat to see Pavelski finally get one, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad