League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Tampa needs to make some adjustments. Dallas outplayed them most the game like the score shows.

I wonder if playing metro trap teams like CBJ and NYI made tamp forgot how to open it up. Dallas definitely not a trap team and looked way faster.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
and if Tampa shits the bed in the finals I think Cooper might be fired. Babcock would definitely be interesting in that group of players

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I was almost certain Dallas would take game 1. Tampa coming off 2 OT games, only having one day off before Game 1, going
up against a rested Dallas team. Too much to handle.

Still think they will win the series though.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
and if Tampa shits the bed in the finals I think Cooper might be fired. Babcock would definitely be interesting in that group of players
Nah. Not much to be done about it if they lose IMO. Just re-structure the roster yet again and keep building. I still think they need a bit more size up front. Maroon is not nearly enough. Coleman & Goodrow are dogged but aren't that big.

I don't think it'll be a sweep or anything but there's a fair bit of Cbussing to the Stars. They can play it any way they need to and have the speed to be dangerous on the counter-attack. Tampa will be better but they're going to be on the losing side of the attrition war.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m from VA beach but have had way worse interactions with Eagles fans than cowboy fans.

This is always going to be the case because of the fan dynamics, but from a rivalry standpoint Dallas is enemy #1.

Philly fans are very....animated and confident and irreverent...compared to most other fans. But that's for every sport. That's just the city. It's a regional pride. There aren't many Iggles bandwagoners nationwide, even after the SB win.

I don't see the same from Dallas fans. Most Cowboys fans are bandwagoners who actually secretly enjoy the back and forth with WFT fans. I know may of them, and none care one bit about other Texas teams. Because both WFT and Cowboys have sucked for so long the rivalry is much cooler than it was in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s, which also makes things more collegial instead of hostile.

You will see Philly fans rooting against DC in all sports. Cowboys fans usually couldn't care less about the Wizards, Capitals, or Nats and may even root for them. But they will never root openly for WFT.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
This is always going to be the case because of the fan dynamics, but from a rivalry standpoint Dallas is enemy #1.

Philly fans are very....animated and confident and irreverent...compared to most other fans. But that's for every sport. That's just the city. It's a regional pride. There aren't many Iggles bandwagoners nationwide, even after the SB win.

I don't see the same from Dallas fans. Most Cowboys fans are bandwagoners who actually secretly enjoy the back and forth with WFT fans. I know may of them, and none care one bit about other Texas teams. Because both WFT and Cowboys have sucked for so long the rivalry is much cooler than it was in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s, which also makes things more collegial instead of hostile.

You will see Philly fans rooting against DC in all sports. Cowboys fans usually couldn't care less about the Wizards, Capitals, or Nats and may even root for them. But they will never root openly for WFT.

There's a lot of Cowboys fans that grew up in DC and has never set foot in Texas. These people are the origin of trolls.

Reactions: Calicaps and g00n

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
40+ years listening to and watching the Caps and last night’s game was the first Finals game that I have ever watched that didnt involve the Caps. In the past, when the Caps season was over, then I was ‘done’ with hockey until the next season started... but I must say that I enjoyed last night’s game and outcome.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Go Stars.

I remember my younger brother being a Minnesota North Stars fan since the Broten, Beaupre and Ciccarelli days.

Way back in the 1980s our mom bought him a Minnesota jersey with no numbers or decals on it. Just the Minnesota colours. I remember taking a black marker and writing a big 20 on the back of it along with Ciccarelli's name.

My brother wore it with such pride and growing up in Toronto he always hated the Leafs.:laugh:

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
Awesome win for the Finnish Stars!
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad