Confirmed with Link: NHL Suspends Season Due to Coronavirus

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I think it'll be significantly quicker than that. Big business doesn't like to lose money. Just my uneducated opinion.

We'll see. I think there will be some fast-track approvals happening, but this quote doesn't give me a ton of reason to doubt the timeline, given that 12 months is seen by this expert as optimistic:

"RNA vaccines are great if a vaccine has to be built as fast as possible," says Dr. Ivan Martinez, associate professor at West Virginia University's Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology and WVU’s Cancer Institute. "It's a technology that could potentially give us a vaccine within a year from now."

Additionally,

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ

Attachments

• white_plague_doctor_mask.jpg
    white_plague_doctor_mask.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 5

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
We'll see. I think there will be some fast-track approvals happening, but this quote doesn't give me a ton of reason to doubt the timeline, given that 12 months is seen by this expert as optimistic:

"RNA vaccines are great if a vaccine has to be built as fast as possible," says Dr. Ivan Martinez, associate professor at West Virginia University's Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology and WVU’s Cancer Institute. "It's a technology that could potentially give us a vaccine within a year from now."

Additionally,

"gatherings with 500 people or more will not be permitted in NYS."

Too bad the season is being suspended. We could have still played weeknight home games....

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Now I'm reading the NBA will be suspended at least 30 days. Assuming the NHL does the same, that puts them past where the regular season would have ended.

Kind of bummed, I don't get to a lot of games, but have tickets for the 4/4 game against the Devils, which would have been the last game of the regular season.

Reactions: PK Cronin

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Now I'm reading the NBA will be suspended at least 30 days. Assuming the NHL does the same, that puts them past where the regular season would have ended.

Kind of bummed, I don't get to a lot of games, but have tickets for the 4/4 game against the Devils, which would have been the last game of the regular season.

I think 30 days is really optimistic, too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I bought tickets to the game in Jersey on the 21st, was going with family members who have never been before. I'm pretty bummed.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Is it too soon to talk about the implications to the Islanders? This is probably the best news for the team considering

1. if the season gets cancelled we did not have to watch the implosion of this team.

2. if the season ends up continuing the team can get healthy and possibly Pelech or Sorokin can play??

Anyway, this was the correct decision from the NHL and I am glad all of the other sports are following. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: periferal

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think 30 days is really optimistic, too.

I think 30 days is optimistic. If it goes to May 1st - we may see the league going right to a truncated playoff format (5game series). If they go pass the first week of May, then the season is most likely cancelled.

it was a necessary call and hopeful to the safety well being to everyone and their families

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I guess I'll catch up on television shows? This is the best thing to happen to streaming services in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad