Confirmed with Link: NHL Suspends Season Due to Coronavirus

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
When I cross the border into Wisconsin, it’s like covid doesn’t exist. No one wears masks, bars are packed, everyone mingles and most think social distancing is just a completely ridiculous idea.

Sounds like heaven. I can’t wait to leave this filthy state.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
New York economy is screwed for the next couple of years. I work for the state and there is a good chance I will be laid off. If I do lose my job I will probably leave NY as cost of living and taxes are ridiculously high.

Regular people like me do not even have an option of living on Long Island unless you are willing to live worse off financially then you would in a different state. It is not even like I have any student debt or anything for the reason, but trying to live a regular middle class life on Long Island is near impossible for those just graduating college and whatnot now.

So when we read of people who essentially got pushed out of the state they are talking about people like me. Regular old college educated people who have no issues with living here besides the insanely high cost of living.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Regular people like me do not even have an option of living on Long Island unless you are willing to live worse off financially then you would in a different state. It is not even like I have any student debt or anything for the reason, but trying to live a regular middle class life on Long Island is near impossible for those just graduating college and whatnot now.

So when we read of people who essentially got pushed out of the state they are talking about people like me. Regular old college educated people who have no issues with living here besides the insanely high cost of living.
Left LI to go to college in NC and never returned for that very reason. Have friends looking to do the same now as well. To quote "it's just impossible to get ahead up here".

I love LI, and I love visiting friends and family...but I live very comfortably down here and would need to triple my salary to live on LI and maintain the same quality of life. Just your property tax payment on LI is a full mortgage payment in other parts of the country!

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Left LI to go to college in NC and never returned for that very reason. Have friends looking to do the same now as well. To quote "it's just impossible to get ahead up here".

I love LI, and I love visiting friends and family...but I live very comfortably down here and would need to triple my salary to live on LI and maintain the same quality of life. Just your property tax payment on LI is a full mortgage payment in other parts of the country!

Same boat here. Grew up on Long Island, minutes from Fort Neverlose, went to college out of state, and did come back for a short time, but when it was time to buy a home, my wife and I moved to Dutchess County, where we could actually afford a house, a yard, and reasonable property taxes. And we are both full time professionals making decent livings - but we would have no quality of life if we had a comparable, modest home on LI - all our money would be going to housing.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

I really feel bad for the future generations especially in ny. The cost of living is only going to get worse and if you have student loans your screwed. Hence why I think you have so many college graduates living in there family basement as they can’t afford to live on there own. I already told my kids I’m out of here as soon as you finish college.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad