Confirmed with Link: NHL suspends Alex Edler 3 Games for Headshot on Hertl

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Mute the announcers and just watch. 28 to 31s.

Look at where the puck is when contact was made too. If Edler holds up and doesn't go to that ice space he essentially lets Hertl take the puck and go forward. Is Edler supposed to hold up and give up the puck in that situation just because Hertl decides to put himself in a vulnerable position?

There's no homer glasses at all either like you claimed earlier. I would be saying this same thing if it were an issue with a Montreal player hitting a New York player.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Is it just me, or do the rulings/decisions seem more uncertain and baffling then when Coli Campbell was at the helm?

Was excited when Shanahan replaced Campbell, now not sure what to expect from ruling to ruling.

arsmaster*

so in other words...he was skating

It never helps anything when people are intentionally daft.

You know damn well that's not how people normally skate, especially those who should be bracing for contact.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I just don't understand how players can feel comfortable throwing any hits at all any more.

This is not the way to protect the players.

A) The equipment was the problem from the start. If you made the equipment less like armour, hits aren't going to do as much damage, and hitters won't want to throw as many big hits as they will feel it more too.

B) If you punish Edler on this play, Hertl learns nothing about keeping his head up. If this continues, we'll have no hitting and a bunch of Taylor Hall's skating around with their head down and their yap open. There's still going to be contact, yet no one bothering keeping their head up, like you learn as a kid for generations playing hockey. There will be severe injuries when people collide from skating around looking at the puck.

Completely miss-guided by the NHL yet again. Yes, concussions are a problem. Not changing the equipment and alowing players to skate around with their head down and chin strap loose with no reprocussions is the issue. Not PERFECTLY LEGAL hits like this.

I hope they figure this out soon, because they will ruin the game if not.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Bad news guys

UgDkYNU.jpg

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I predict that Cherry tears Hertl apart on coaches corner tomorrow night.

First for the show boating and running up the score, and next for skating with his head down.

I wont agree with him on the first part, but I almost guarantee he goes there.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He will get 3 games, because this league is ****ing corrupt

arsmaster*

Same thing happened with Hansen's suspension for reaching for the puck last year - his video got leaked before the announcement was made.

Oh, NHL.

I liked it before when they didn't make the videos. At least you could just guess what their thought process was instead of listening to it, and then thinking...."how did they come to that conclusion after all they just said".

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I liked it before when they didn't make the videos. At least you could just guess what their thought process was instead of listening to it, and then thinking...."how did they come to that conclusion after all they just said".

I feel the same. I remember the first two or three suspensions Shanahan did, a lot of people felt like it was a revelation - transparency! Insight! Explanations!

Then as more suspensions started coming in for less and less consistent acts on the ice, it just became a farce.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I feel the same. I remember the first two or three suspensions Shanahan did, a lot of people felt like it was a revelation - transparency! Insight! Explanations!

Then as more suspensions started coming in for less and less consistent acts on the ice, it just became a farce.

It feels as if Shanahan is just a puppet and there's someone behind the scenes making the decisions and pulling the strings.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
What a ****ing load of ****. Three ****ing games because a rookie didn't keep his head up and reached for the puck. Plenty of time for Hertl to see where Edler was and he ****ing reaches anyways. Holy ****.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This, this is exactly why my interest in hockey has been steadily declining over the past few years.

I can't imagine the frustration of being a defenseman nowadays, what the **** are you supposed to do? Not hit? If his ****ing helmet didn't come off, that ****ing hit wouldn't have been reviewed.

The NHL is becoming a bigger joke than those corrupt soccer leagues in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad