NHL sells European broadcasting rights to Medge Consulting/AMI for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHouse

Mar 6, 2011
Stockholm.
Does anyone know if GCL will show the pre season? I get the feeling they are, since they open the registrations the same day.

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007
I was getting pretty worried reading this thread. I don't care about TV broadcast, but I loved having ESPN Player. I stream it though my laptop attached to my TV and have a wireless keyboard and mouse on my coffee table, so I'm sitting on my couch anyway.

I'm really glad to hear we are getting GCL, hopefully it works well. I also hope you guys that do want TV get some sort of good package.

Realize

I was getting pretty worried reading this thread. I don't care about TV broadcast, but I loved having ESPN Player. I stream it though my laptop attached to my TV and have a wireless keyboard and mouse on my coffee table, so I'm sitting on my couch anyway.

I'm really glad to hear we are getting GCL, hopefully it works well. I also hope you guys that do want TV get some sort of good package.

lol.. this is EXACTLY the way I watched NHL last season :-D
Laptop --> TV --> Couch

King of cool

The winning hat
May 22, 2008
Under your skin
www.blueshirts.fr
That works with a desktop too. :)

Anyone noticed that some preseason games are scheduled on GCL on the NHL scores page?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main

Sanstitre-62.png

MadHouse

Mar 6, 2011
Stockholm.
I still not conviced that GLC will be the source for streaming live NHL games. It seems so undone. "Check back next season" "Not currently aviable" all over the place.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
Im really confused,many people have gotten this answer :(

Hello

Yes, Game Center Live will not be available in Europe for this upcoming season. New subscriptions should be available by September 20th. You can watch and the archives, and the scoreboard can be hidden.

Thank you,
Customer Service Representative

Wuuut?

Zat

Mar 29, 2007
Im really confused,many people have gotten this answer :(

Hello

Yes, Game Center Live will not be available in Europe for this upcoming season. New subscriptions should be available by September 20th. You can watch and the archives, and the scoreboard can be hidden.

Thank you,
Customer Service Representative

Wuuut?

The "not" there is an obvious mistake, but an unfortunate one. Other emails and messages from them have been unambiguous. I wouldn't worry.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Will this GCL also have canadian feeds such as TSN and the must-have hockey night in canada (CBC)?

I have a feeling this will be some kind of US tv-stations only + blackouts + no commercial + not every single game etc.

hailgrabovski

Oct 31, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well, with the old ESPN Player, we didn't have to worry about blackouts as being in Europe, we're obviously outside of any of the 30 NHL markets. I'm expecting that to be the same with GCL, and no blackouts to mean we have access to every game, although that is strictly my opinion, not an official line.

My understanding of GCL is that you have the option of watching either of the two team's broadcast, so using the Leafs as an example, the home broadcast would be one of LeafsTV, CBC, TSN or Sportsnet Ontario. If they were playing the Caps, then the option would be to switch to the Washington feed, so probably one of CSN or Versus. Again though, that's just my take on it, and I could yet be proven incorrect.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Agreed, "yes" followed with "not", and then briefly explaining about the service and that it opens up the 20th. Seems like a mistake to me too.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, with the old ESPN Player, we didn't have to worry about blackouts as being in Europe, we're obviously outside of any of the 30 NHL markets. I'm expecting that to be the same with GCL, and no blackouts to mean we have access to every game, although that is strictly my opinion, not an official line.

My understanding of GCL is that you have the option of watching either of the two team's broadcast, so using the Leafs as an example, the home broadcast would be one of LeafsTV, CBC, TSN or Sportsnet Ontario. If they were playing the Caps, then the option would be to switch to the Washington feed, so probably one of CSN or Versus. Again though, that's just my take on it, and I could yet be proven incorrect.

I had to take my pants off after reading this. Most local American feeds make me want to tear my ears off.

MadHouse

Mar 6, 2011
Stockholm.
Hm I am some kind of confused that I am still not able to do an abo at the Gamecenter.. Did I miss something?

Well, some have found that the date is 20th, other 25th.

By the way, I e-mailed them about the NOT aviable mail, and it was just a typo, it was suppoused to say 'now'.

Juniortrekkie

Sep 16, 2011
Halesowen, UK

I figured it would be like this as well when I first saw the list of games, which had one game shown twice but with the teams in reverse order.

I listen to the Coventry City football games on their 'SkyBlue Player', it gives a huge list of games and gives you the option of what side of the game you wish to listen to, it's just a matter of clicking which side you support. Should work well.

Jumex

Dec 17, 2009
Salisbury, UK
Any news on TV deals?

I have a current subscription to ESPN America in the UK and I'm worried about no coverage on UK TV next year.

If not, I will have to subscripe to GCL.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Any news on TV deals?

I have a current subscription to ESPN America in the UK and I'm worried about no coverage on UK TV next year.

If not, I will have to subscripe to GCL.

Nope. The last I saw in Swedish media about two weeks ago was that the price was steep(medge paid a lot and they want a lot) and that the negotiations are very complex. Apparently Medge wants to inc shorter deals because they'd like to see how the usage of other platforms develop over the next few years, while the broadcasters would like to inc the full five years at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad