NHL sells European broadcasting rights to Medge Consulting/AMI for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
I'v been keeping up with this thread for a while and (perhaps foolishly) believed that, as stated here NHL GCL would be available today, 20/09. At the moment this doesn't seem to be the case, also stated here is that it may well come online on the 25/09. Could somebody who has received an e mail from the NHL or other relevant body paste it into the thread? The only people i have had contact with are ESPN Player who pretty much fobbed me off, and that was a while back now

pbachman

Sep 19, 2011
I'v been keeping up with this thread for a while and (perhaps foolishly) believed that, as stated here NHL GCL would be available today, 20/09. At the moment this doesn't seem to be the case, also stated here is that it may well come online on the 25/09. Could somebody who has received an e mail from the NHL or other relevant body paste it into the thread? The only people i have had contact with are ESPN Player who pretty much fobbed me off, and that was a while back now
____

As you wish - I've got below mail yesteraday from GCL support...
____

Please do NOT reply to this Email. If the information listed in this email does not resolve your customer service issue, please call 866-210-6349.

Hello,

Yes, you will be able to order Game Center Live in your area this season, subscriptions will be made available by the end of September. The cost will be $159USD.

Preseason Games are not included.

Thank you,
Customer Service Representative

Please do NOT reply to this Email. If the information listed in this email does not resolve your customer service issue, please call 866-210-6349.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for that. Looks like it's all a bit vague still. 'by the end of September'. Where did the dates 20th and 25th come from?

From various support emails posted on this and other forums. If they're not gonna show the preseason it doesn't matter much if it's 20th September or 6th October anyway.

Realize

From various support emails posted on this and other forums. If they're not gonna show the preseason it doesn't matter much if it's 20th September or 6th October anyway.

Yes you're right, 20th Sept or 6th Oct doesn't make any difference, but all the people who want to watch NHL want to be sure that they can watch it in the country they come from .. Me, too

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
Obviously it doesn't become a real issue until opening night but i would like to sign up and test it out a few days prior so that i'm not messing about come game time. I'm also planning a little opening night watching party at my house for friends and i don't want guys at my house having to listen to games on the radio lol

DallasGaume

Oct 18, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
Yeah man i really want to know aswell. How do I set up an US Sub-account? Is it allowed?

Nobody can stop you from doing it. And you can be sure that Sony loves to use the number of accounts when promoting their system.

It's easy to set up. Just go to Users > Create New User. Just get a random US address, ZIP and State and you're set to go.

If you need $ to buy stuff off the US Store, a lot of sites sell US Playstation Network Live Cards, like this one:
http://cardscodes.com/Playstation_Network-k32-0-3-default.html

DallasGaume

Oct 18, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
That's cool, you have any info on how you set up a subscription?

Yup.

1. Buy, download and install the PS3 app.
2. Buy a GCL subscription.
3. Log on to the app, go to Account Settings and choose Link Account
4. Go to ps3.com/nhl and enter the code that pop up on your tv screen

And voilà - your PS3 system is linked with your NHL GCL account.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I would strongly advice against getting a US account until you know how the European service looks. In North America you have games that are blocked out while it is unlikely you will have the same in Europe.

Juniortrekkie

Sep 16, 2011
Halesowen, UK
Hey guys, I recently sent an e-mail to the GCL Support team asking if EU Sony accounts will be able to download the app onto their PS3's, and also a concrete price for the GCL in Pounds and Euro's, since dollars to euros and dollars to pounds change on a daily basis.

In England, we're looking at £12-13 a month, which is the same price for adding ESPN to the basic non-sports Sky+ package.

I'll let you know when I get a response, and if there are any other questions that need to be asked, maybe we should have just one person send a mail, so all questions get answered at the same time.

DallasGaume

Oct 18, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
I would strongly advice against getting a US account until you know how the European service looks. In North America you have games that are blocked out while it is unlikely you will have the same in Europe.

I can spare $9.99. But yeah, if they're bringing the GCL to Europe, one would guess that the GCL app would come to the European PSN as well.

hailgrabovski

Oct 31, 2010
www.twitter.com
For me, I think how I pay depends on a couple of factors. If GCL includes the playoffs then I'd ideally like to see what the TV situation is before committing. ESPN were pretty good as far as the post-season coverage went, so I'd possibly pay monthly for GCL during the regular season, then cancel it and switch to watching the playoffs on TV. If the playoffs aren't included/require a second payment in April, then I think I'd pay for the season and make a decision about the playoffs when necessary.

Obviously it also depends if there's a huge disparity between paying monthly, and paying for the season in one go.

Thatslegit

Aug 18, 2011
Linköping
Streams are usually not looking as good as i want them to when im streaming with my laptop, especially when it comes to smoothness, so im really hoping for the ps3-app to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad