GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 3: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
wtf fox sports. why no post game outside of columbus. who is watching poker! the most insulting part is when i jump over to my nhl.tv subscription and the games blacked out

Reactions: thebus88

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
wtf fox sports. why no post game outside of columbus. who is watching poker! the most insulting part is when i jump over to my nhl.tv subscription and the games blacked out
I'm in Marysville and on Hulu, and I have two FSOhio channels and they are both showing poker. What a joke. :thumbd:

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
What a f***ing game. we are desperate for a second scoring forward though. we have to make a real hard run at Taylor Hall unless we get 1OA. the young kids aren't ready to carry that scoring load yet.
And for all the talk about the leafs potent offense, both teams have 5 non EN goals, 6 goals in total and we lead the series 2-1. it as even as it gets, but our offense is just slightly out playing their defense, and thats been the difference so far, is that we have come up with clutch goals and big goals and they have yet to do so.

Reactions: rotsbu

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
What a game... My oh my, that's why we love hockey so damn much. I feel like i'm sweating as much as the players. Haha

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
C4-D31710-E0-CE-4-C5-E-9668-61786-AF8-FD00.jpg

Reactions: cslebn

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I am absolutely stunned by this win. If I ever saw a team that was dead in the water it was these CBJ after the 3rd Toronto goal. There was no possible way that they were going to get out of that hole. None.

While the offensive talent level on this team leaves plenty to be desired, the "no quit" level is phenomenal. It's a testament to the players and the coaching staff.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I am really curious to see what happens in goal tomorrow. On a back-to-back, I was already wondering if we were going to see both guys play. Now that both guys played today, fatigue isn't really a factor in the decision.

I guess you go with Elvis, given that he played well in relief, and Korpi gave up at least one soft one. This is a good problem to have, though.

UDFlyers

Jun 30, 2011
What. A. Game.

I wasn’t sold that PLD would be a 1C, more of a very good 2C, but am after tonight. He and Boone took over the game. Would be nice to have Cam, Bjork, Nyquist, et all step up. One more win and the real fun starts!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I am really curious to see what happens in goal tomorrow. On a back-to-back, I was already wondering if we were going to see both guys play. Now that both guys played today, fatigue isn't really a factor in the decision.

I guess you go with Elvis, given that he played well in relief, and Korpi gave up at least one soft one. This is a good problem to have, though.
You ride the hot hand. It is what you do with 2 good goalies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Torts just stopped playing Wennberg and Bemstrom in the second half of the game. I think I saw them for one shift in OT.

Time for Shore and Gerbe?

I must say, even though I still think Texier is soft, he had a great game !

I don't see the soft part. Tex is an animal in the corners.

The team plays differently in front of Elvis

I was wondering that. But I think it might have something more to do with being down 3-0. It forces them to bail on the hyper-defensive approach and just go for the high pressure attack, which they ran with. And the Leafs are just not good at dealing with pressure.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I call out Tex for his lack of involvement offensively and he responds with his best game in the series and a very capable Robin to PLD's Batman in game 3.

You're all welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad