GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 3: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I say we all forget game 2 happened and we are starting fresh for the best of 3 series.

NHL.com GameCenter: Toronto Maple Leafs - Columbus Blue Jackets - August 6th, 2020

CBJ Preview: GAME 3 PREVIEW: Blue Jackets look to find offense, respond

Projected Lineup

Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cam Atkinson
Gus Nyquist - Alexander Wennberg - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Boone Jenner - Liam Foudy
Eric Robinson - Riley Nash - Emil Bemstrom

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Ryan Murray - Markus Nutivaara

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Toronto lost d man Muzzin to injury in game 2. Here’s their projected lineup:

Hyman–Matthews–Marner
Nylander–Tavares–Mikheyev
Robertson–Kerfoot–Kapanen
Clifford–Engvall–Spezza

Dermott–Holl
Rielly–Ceci
Marincin–Barrie

Andersen

Last edited:
Reactions: rotsbu

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
ViD, if you can get that backwash out of your mind you are a better fan than me. However, you are right we are in a 3 game series now. The pressure is turned up on TML, with Montreal going up 2-1 over Pens.

If the Pens are in the Lottery, you know the outcome. The Hockey Gods do not say no to Mario

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
tenor.gif

This is where I am. Hopeful but with low expectations.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Well, I don’t really like seeing a guy injured, and he deserves to be called out for a lack of offensive/overall impact in game 2, and I don’t think it was much of a dirty play either, but, good on Dubois for showing some heart, some fight.

Well see how much of an impact the Muzzin injury has on the series, maybe Dubois was just as impactful in game 2 as he was in game 1, we just don’t know it yet.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Get on the forecheck. That Leafs D is atrocious but they get off scot-free if the Jackets don't forecheck.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hope Torts splits the goalies in Games 3 & 4. Elvis is a much better "backup" than whoever Toronto has (Campbell?). So I'd like to see that happen tomorrow night.

Good to see Nuti back in there. I like his game.

Wennberg remains a black hole and I have seen little evidence that Stenlund wouldn't be just as effective. Torts relied on PLD's line a lot anyway when trying to shut down the Matthews line. But...Torts gonna Torts, right?

Would be a good time for literally any forward to show up.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hope Torts splits the goalies in Games 3 & 4. Elvis is a much better "backup" than whoever Toronto has (Campbell?). So I'd like to see that happen tomorrow night.

Good to see Nuti back in there. I like his game.

Wennberg remains a black hole and I have seen little evidence that Stenlund wouldn't be just as effective. Torts relied on PLD's line a lot anyway when trying to shut down the Matthews line. But...Torts gonna Torts, right?

Would be a good time for literally any forward to show up.

I'd take Stenlund on the powerplay, but 5v5 Wennberg is actually a better producer than Stenlund (not saying much), and good luck getting Torts to trust Stenlund defensively in those matchups vs Tavares. I'm not sure I could stomach it either.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'd take Stenlund on the powerplay, but 5v5 Wennberg is actually a better producer than Stenlund (not saying much), and good luck getting Torts to trust Stenlund defensively in those matchups vs Tavares. I'm not sure I could stomach it either.

The thing is, he doesn't need to. Last change. He can put out any non-Stenlund line against Matthews and Tavares. Of course, I know this won't happen, but one can dream, no?

Reactions: Speedy Sanderson

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
If there are no legs tonight we can pack the stuff and go home. Game 2 was an nightmare, worst CBJ in years?

My picks for the game

First goal is critical if is not us i guess we are doomed

Korpi. He has been amazing can he be lord and savior today?

Maple leafs. Muzzin out, their defence is nothing compared to us.

Matthews and Tavares they both score and now they no theres a goalie not a brickwall so do they have their confidend?

Refs??? Game 2 was nightmare by us and by the referees. Is their clear line or is it Toronto 70 CBJ 30.

With those picks im ready for the night.

CBJ 3 TOR 2

Werenski 1 Gus 1 gamewinning goal PLD in 3rd time 17:56 Korpi 28/30

Matthews 1PP goal Reilly 1 Andersen 19/22

Penalties Tor 6min CBJ 12min

Lets go!

Reactions: MoeBartoli

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
We got two entirely different games this series so I have no idea what to expect out of this team. No consistency.
I really need to find and dig out my old 8-ball

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We got two entirely different games this series so I have no idea what to expect out of this team. No consistency.
I really need to find and dig out my old 8-ball
Toronto did lose one of their best defensemen.

Torts must have let our guys have it after the game.

I expect a better performance from the Jackets

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
You guys can blame me, I didn't actually watch the game on Tuesday. That's why they played so badly. :sarcasm: I'll be watching the next two.

You better drink an extra beer tonight to make up for it. I'll join you in that endeavor.

Reactions: Fro and rotsbu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad