GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 3: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
down 2-0 looked at my buddy at the bar, and said we are winning this game...he, also a cbj fan, said impossible...we bet $20 on it...

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
You also had a garbage take on PLD celebrating his first goal.

no thanks.
??? We are all allowed to have opinions right? Obviously you love 71, thats your opinion. Very happy for PLD, if he wants to twirl his stick after each goal, and act like he did something outstanding.. well he did, and he should. Hopefully we get offense from others in Friday's contest.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You ride the hot hand. It is what you do with 2 good goalies.

Can I ask who you believe the “hot hand” is?

Crazy that people are so quick to change goalies after 1 questionable goal and great play the other 95% of the series.

Goal 3 was very similar to the Atkinson goal in game 1. I hope Torts makes the correct decision again for game 4.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It is funny how people are pointing out how Cam needs to step up or show up, but when you look at the series stats, there he is showing up at the top as the points leader for our team. Yeah he may not be making all the plays, but he seems to be there when it is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveCBJ

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It is funny how people are pointing out how Cam needs to step up or show up, but when you look at the series stats, there he is showing up at the top as the points leader for our team. Yeah he may not be making all the plays, but he seems to be there when it is needed.

right. He does have a quiet 22 points in 30 career playoff games.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I must say, even though I still think Texier is soft, he had a great game !
I don't see the soft part. Tex is an animal in the corners.
I don't see the soft part at all either.
I can't say it better, he is really smart and strong along the boards.
Alex has an incredible Hockey IQ that you haven't fully discovered yet.
He is still very young, and he has the skills to be on the PK and the PP too (even right now it could be an upgrade with our lack of skills... he scored last year in PO)

I'm really looking forward to see more of him especially with PLD (natural chemistry between those two, you can feel it: young and fresh, very very smart, french speakers, together off ice etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Byrral and thebus88

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Torts just stopped playing Wennberg and Bemstrom in the second half of the game. I think I saw them for one shift in OT.

Time for Shore and Gerbe?

I don't see the soft part. Tex is an animal in the corners.

I was wondering that. But I think it might have something more to do with being down 3-0. It forces them to bail on the hyper-defensive approach and just go for the high pressure attack, which they ran with. And the Leafs are just not good at dealing with pressure.
You missed the point of my post. But in reality having a puck moving goalie in net really helped break up a few plays

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You understand he’s going to play tomorrow, correct??

I could see it, he mentioned in post game that he pulled Korpi because he was looking ahead to tonights game. But I think you have to go with Elvis. At least at the start. Elvis looked a bit shaky in net to me. He stopped everything he saw, but outside of the three kick saves in OT I don't think they were very tough saves. He was very sharp with his stick disrupting passing lanes though.

But yeah, my guess is Elvis in net tonight.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Mister Peabody (Dubas) gave Nostrils, Marner the Martian and Pyjama Boy half the Leafs salary cap.
A crappy defence and an overrated goalie was never addressed. Oh they made some deals, but for lousy players.

End this series. Do the hockey world a favor

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don't see the soft part at all either.
I can't say it better, he is really smart and strong along the boards.
Alex has an incredible Hockey IQ that you haven't fully discovered yet.
He is still very young, and he has the skills to be on the PK and the PP too (even right now it could be an upgrade with our lack of skills... he scored last year in PO)

I'm really looking forward to see more of him especially with PLD (natural chemistry between those two, you can feel it: young and fresh, very very smart, french speakers, together off ice etc)
I don’t know where you guys see him strong along the boards, he’s losing pretty much any physical battle

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nah, I don’t see this happening. That’d be a slap in Elvis face to keep him on the bench after this effort
It's a slap in Korpi's face to be pulled because the offense was doing squat in all the time he was in there. Elvis did what a good backup should do. If the roles were reversed I would expect Elvis to go back in. Korpi has played plenty good enough to remain the starter.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->