GDT: NHL Playoffs

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guy made a little over 3 million/year and was a big RHS who would get 45-50 points a year. Could play RW or center.

The only thing wrong about that is your expectations.

He topped 45p once in his career.

I don't miss him either. He disappeared on the ice way too often and for way too long. He was worth his contract, but I didn't enjoy watching him play hockey more often than not. He just was lacking the heart/consistency/confidence/drive/whatever term to play the same game night in and night out. When he is "on" he is really good, when he's "off" he is really bad.

I'm happy that he's doing well in Boston, but I'm even happier that he's someone else's problem.

Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Coyle sure does look good in a bruins uniform. He never scored big goals like that in MN. I’m not sure if that’s indicative of him or us. Either way, he needed a fresh start. I’m glad he’s playing some good hockey.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Coyle sure does look good in a bruins uniform. He never scored big goals like that in MN. I’m not sure if that’s indicative of him or us. Either way, he needed a fresh start. I’m glad he’s playing some good hockey.

Coyle is a good follower but not leader

On a physical, hard nosed Bruins squad... he has turned into just that

He is shooting much more... almost too much vs overpassing in his first few games as a Bruin

Also physicality is up a notch

Very good bottom 6 player... but maybe not top 6. Less expectations/pressure the better it looks like

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Coyle is a good follower but not leader

On a physical, hard nosed Bruins squad... he has turned into just that

He is shooting much more... almost too much vs overpassing in his first few games as a Bruin

Also physicality is up a notch

Very good bottom 6 player... but maybe not top 6. Less expectations/pressure the better it looks like
Pretty accurate of his time here. He never had that shoot-first mentality here though.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Biggest thing about Coyle for me is his work ethic. The guy battles and tilts the ice almost every shift. Love it.
It'll be interesting to see how he carries it through to the regular season next year. I think he's got several things going for him in Boston (a clear role, playing in his hometown, etc.) that might help him get over whatever mental hurdles he stumbled with here in Minnesota. He's not going to put up 5 goals in 8 games very often, but he's more than capable of being an effective player every night.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Biggest thing about Coyle for me is his work ethic. The guy battles and tilts the ice almost every shift. Love it.
He will, for a while. And then he won't, for a longer while.

Yes, that was very eloquently stated.

His inconsistency is maddening, and I doubt it goes away in Boston. He's obviously playing great now, though.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pretty accurate of his time here. He never had that shoot-first mentality here though.
Also, that redirected pass winner, here he was too busy going behind the net instead of to the front of the net to be able to do such a thing.

He was the king of flybys. Never a net crasher.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I love how the things you guys are saying about Coyle vis-a-vis inconsistency and regular seaosn frustration are the same things we're saying about Donato on the Bruins board.

I guess that makes it a fair trade for both sides, lol

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I love how the things you guys are saying about Coyle vis-a-vis inconsistency and regular seaosn frustration are the same things we're saying about Donato on the Bruins board.

I guess that makes it a fair trade for both sides, lol
I think the honeymoons probably ends for both fanbases next year, but it still seems like a good trade for both teams.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Top 3 for me. The other 2 don't play in our conference (Marchand, Wilson)

I like Marchand, but I also really like the Bruins so that’s probably why. I like Wilson too, though I don’t like that he crosses the line often. I wanted the Wild to draft him.

Mine are Kadri, Byfuglien and... I can’t really even think of another player I hate. Maybe I’ll put Kadri in there twice.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I like Marchand, but I also really like the Bruins so that’s probably why. I like Wilson too, though I don’t like that he crosses the line often. I wanted the Wild to draft him.

Mine are Kadri, Byfuglien and... I can’t really even think of another player I hate. Maybe I’ll put Kadri in there twice.
I don't mind Byfuglien as much. He's more of a guy I hate unless he's on my team kind of player. Kadri is a dumb punk in my brain. His actions are what you would expect from a angry teenager. Marchand and Wilson know what they are doing and their actions are more calculated and part of a bigger picture.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Dallas is better than I realized and they play with an attitude. Don't think the Wild will be able to compete with them any time soon.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Not sure. Things change quickly in the NHL. I can remember last summer all the Islander fans crying about losing Tavares. Look where they are now.
That's true, but if you look at it by a pure talent, there's 5-6 guys on Dallas I'd rather have than anybody on the Wild.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's true, but if you look at it by a pure talent, there's 5-6 guys on Dallas I'd rather have than anybody on the Wild.

Benn and Seguin now. Heiskanen (I thought he was the best player his draft year), maybe in the future. Bishop would be a coin flip, he's as on and off as Dub.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
5-6? Yeah, no. probably 3 though
If I was building a team for today and the future, and using Dumba as the Wilds most valuable player moving forward, I would rather have Seguin, Benn, Heiskanen and probably Klingberg. Bishop has more value than anyone but Dumba and Spurgeon, IMO. Hintz has a better future than any of our forwards, again in my opinion.

The point being, Dallas' near future is much brighter than ours. If you look at the other teams in our division, it's hard to find a team whose future is bleaker, based on currently rostered players and prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If I was building a team for today and the future, and using Dumba as the Wilds most valuable player moving forward, I would rather have Seguin, Benn, Heiskanen and probably Klingberg. Bishop has more value than anyone but Dumba and Spurgeon, IMO. Hintz has a better future than any of our forwards, again in my opinion.

The point being, Dallas' near future is much brighter than ours. If you look at the other teams in our division, it's hard to find a team whose future is bleaker, based on currently fostered players and prospects.
Nobody takes Benn, and/or Klingberg ahead of Dumba in your scenario. Your takes on Bishop and Hintz are just embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad