GDT: NHL Playoffs

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Nobody takes Benn, and/or Klingberg ahead of Dumba in your scenario. Your takes on Bishop and Hintz are just embarrassing.
Bishop is a Vezina caliber goalie. Benn is the 11th highest scoring player in the NHL over the last 5 years and is as intimidating a player as there is right now. Klingberg is the 7th highest scoring defenseman over the last 5 years, outscoring Dumba by 111 pts. Hintz is speculation on my part, but he looks more promising than any of our young forwards.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Bishop is a Vezina caliber goalie. Benn is the 11th highest scoring player in the NHL over the last 5 years and is as intimidating a player as there is right now. Klingberg is the 7th highest scoring defenseman over the last 5 years, outscoring Dumba by 111 pts. Hintz is speculation on my part, but he looks more promising than any of our young forwards.
Bishop is a good goalie that had a great season. The Wild have a guy that has done the same. Neither have a ton of value.
Benn is an almost 30 year old winger, coming off of a 53 point season, that carries a $9.5M cap hit for the next 6 seasons. But if we want to go back in the past 5 years? Then Suter is the best player on either team

Hintz has 9 career NHL goals. Joel f***ing Eriksson Ek is 2 months younger than Hintz and has 16.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Benn and Seguin now. Heiskanen (I thought he was the best player his draft year), maybe in the future. Bishop would be a coin flip, he's as on and off as Dub.
Bishops biggest thing has always been health. I hate Benn but I'd still take him on this team, though his cap hit is a bit high unless he turns things around offensively. Seguin is the one I'd really want if I could only choose one of their players.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Not trying to turn this into a main-boards bitchfest or anything, but what I've watched live of the playoffs this year really has me thinking again that the whole "defense wins championships" thing when it comes to hockey would be completely invalid if the officials called games the same way during the playoffs as they [are supposed to] do during the regular season. Don't get me wrong, we're a long way from Dead Puck Era '95 Devils blueprint nonsense, but still. It's like they try to artificially maximize the hatred between teams by allowing as much non-hooking interference as possible.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Also, that redirected pass winner, here he was too busy going behind the net instead of to the front of the net to be able to do such a thing.

He was the king of flybys. Never a net crasher.

The only issue with Coyle in these playoffs were two egregious turnovers that Columbus promptly deposited in the net. Was he prone to the occasional brain fart turnover during his time with Minnesota?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The only issue with Coyle in these playoffs were two egregious turnovers that Columbus promptly deposited in the net. Was he prone to the occasional brain fart turnover during his time with Minnesota?
Not really, unless you call handling the puck for extended periods of time, accomplishing nothing, then making a bad pass on occasion.

His problem was mostly related to not being aggressive enough for the most part.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Ummmmmmm, why are we happy for San Jose and Couture? It was Couture's crosscheck to Parise's back that knocked him out of the playoffs in 2015-16.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ummmmmmm, why are we happy for San Jose and Couture? It was Couture's crosscheck to Parise's back that knocked him out of the playoffs in 2015-16.
Because the Sharks have been my second favorite team since the Wild joined the league. And I've hated the Avs since 2002.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I haven't outright hated the Avs since McLeod was gone. Though they still have a the biggest clown of a captain in the league. Don't like SJS either. But the wife's winning her office bracket and if Colorado wins the series she locks up #1. I'm no Avs fan but $200 is $200.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I haven't outright hated the Avs since McLeod was gone. Though they still have a the biggest clown of a captain in the league. Don't like SJS either. But the wife's winning her office bracket and if Colorado wins the series she locks up #1. I'm no Avs fan but $200 is $200.
It takes a single team to win in the second round to win a pool? That just shows how crazy the first round was this year.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
It takes a single team to win in the second round to win a pool? That just shows how crazy the first round was this year.
It's more how many basic bitches are at her work apparently. Of 39 brackets 35 had one or both of TBL/NSH in the finals. TBL I get, but around 30 people putting Nashville in the finals was a curious outcome.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

For me, it was when Roy got out of there. Seemed to calm down the hornets nest of dumb crap many on the team seem to do.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Because I don't care about something that happened 3 years ago with a non divisional rival.
Not sure division rivals are relevant the way the playoffs are set up now. My most hated rivalry since the inception of the Wild have been Vancouver, circa 2007, with Matt Cooke, Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler and the slash that broke Koivus leg (Ohlund).
Currently Calgary is my most hated team as I think they're cheap and the fanbase here is insufferable. Next would be Dallas, though this is solely based on Benn. Then maybe Chicago, but just because I hate Chelsea Dagger. Kind of like Bang on the Drum All Day at Lambeau. Gets on my nerves.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Boston got screwed. CBJ scored a goal after the puck hit the netting, and it absolutely played a huge part in the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad