GDT: NHL Playoffs

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Hurricanes making it look easy. What must that feel like? We are so SO far away from being a competitive team that it's sickening. These next few seasons are going to suck arse.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't think the NYI would go far in the Playoffs this year. They don't have an elite player; and goalie tandems are great in the Regular season, but don't work in the Playoffs. They are a sound team overall, but a more talented would be their demise (kind of like the Yeo Wild).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hurricanes making it look easy. What must that feel like? We are so SO far away from being a competitive team that it's sickening. These next few seasons are going to suck arse.

Based off the forums we are going to be a legitimate contender next year as this year was a fluke.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
My goodness, how can St. Louis not score?? It just feels like Dallas will win on a counter-attack.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wish I could believe that Dubnyk could ever deliver the level of playoff goaltending that we are seeing this year from Rask, Bishop, and Binnington. He always let's in the one softy, and in the playoffs, that is one too many.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
3A6BF2C1-6291-4417-98CD-D9B18CBF67CB.jpeg

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Or being exactly where we are now.

True, we really can't say for certain. And over the course of time, the moves tend to level out. Three generations down the line, a piece in a bad trade turns into an AHL player who you trade for a cap dump and a draft pick that turns into a superstar, who you let go for nothing, then sign a mediocre player using that saved cap space, and begin the cycle again.

I don't think our team would be much better at this point if we'd been able to handle Gaborik or even Burns differently. Those years where we were good but not great probably would have come sooner, but with different players, but even that's hard to say for sure. Gaborik fell off just before Burns took off. We could have Gaborik and Burns, but probably wouldn't have Dumba and Brodin, and definitely wouldn't have Suter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad