NHL PLAYOFFS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Love Hertl (he should have been the main piece in the Karlsson trade) but giving Vegas bulletin board material was dumb.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Love Hertl (he should have been the main piece in the Karlsson trade) but giving Vegas bulletin board material was dumb.

It's game 6. If you aren't already motivated then you are in the wrong profession.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Read the quote, he didn't even use the word "guarantee". Was just a player showing the fans he believes they can win game 6 in Vegas and bring the series home for game 7.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Had to listen to some of the leafs bruins game on the radio for the second time this series and for the second time the coloyr guy complained exclusivelyly about refs and the tandem was generally the biggest homers i can recall

Reactions: Deku

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Had to listen to some of the leafs bruins game on the radio for the second time this series and for the second time the coloyr guy complained exclusivelyly about refs and the tandem was generally the biggest homers i can recall
I only watched the first 2 periods and a bit of the third but it wasn't even bad for them. The first penalty against the Bruins i thought deflected but NBC only showed 1 replay so can't be sure but it in my mind it was a bad call. 50/50 on the first leafs penalty. The 2nd Bruins penalty was absolutely laughable, Bruins player gets slew footed and as he falls his stick clips the leafs player high and he gets called for high sticking? Rubbish penalty. 2nd leafs penalty was a clear trip.

They were whinging hardcore on the main boards, it was ridiculous. I assume it was the same attitude on the radio.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Same here. They were asking what was the main difference between each game and they said it was however the refs decided to call the game, implying Leafs losses were all due to bad reffing. Quite pathetic.

Reactions: derriko and Deku

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Flipped from the raptors game and the very first second mark stone steals a puck and gets a shot off from the slot lol. Never change Stone.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Same here. They were asking what was the main difference between each game and they said it was however the refs decided to call the game, implying Leafs losses were all due to bad reffing. Quite pathetic.
Leafs lost because Babcock got outcoached at home, not because of bad reffing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Karlsson has been pretty bad this game. He looks worse than when he came back in 2017-18. If the Sharks offer him any kind of decent contract , he should take it. I doubt he climbs back into 11 million per territory. It will be interesting what happens, how much term etc teams will be willing to offer him if he goes UFA.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sharks definitely don't deserve this series. Backs against the wall and they've come out with a very mediocre effort level. Ironically enough it's their goaltending that's kept it tied otherwise Vegas is up by a few goals.

Just weird how most of the higher seeds have puttered out in the playoffs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That he should not be play so much if he is that injured. Stated he has been on the ice for 15 or 21 goals against, "though he is not too blame for all".

I wonder how good it is for him long term to continue to play through injuries. Poor guy.

If I was Erik, I would've spent more time recovering. I get it though, he's a competitor and wants to show up for his new team and put on a show in his UFA year. But you can only put your body through so much.

Reactions: Variable26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad